The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Start and finish times of the average day at Hallam?

Hi all

I'm starting the BSc Secondary Science with Education and QTS in September 2014. I'm trying to sort out a childminder, but have no clue about the timetable. Is there anyone out there currently on this course? What's the general start time of the average day? And what time is it normal to finish? Any help would be appreciated, just to get an idea.

Thank you muchly :smile:
Reply 1
Hi,

I'm applying for this course for next year so at the minute can't help you with the start/finish times. I'm currently doing an access course at the University of Derby, it's mainly biology. If you don't mind me asking what qualifications have you undertaken to apply for the Secondary Science with QTS? A-levels or Access and in what subjects?

Thanks and good luck in September.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi

I'm starting this course this year as well, I'm so uninformed its untrue!!! Do you know the actual start date??? Apparently lectures are only on Mon, Tue, Wed at first?

Hope you know more than me!
Reply 3
Hi,

I'm not on this course, but I'm currently a second year student at Hallam. The lecture/seminar times do vary by course and year and even by week (mine was fortnightly) and the timetable isn't always consistent; it is subject to change in the first few weeks due to teething problems etc. Timetables are usually out for new students during freshers/induction week which is late for those trying to arrange childcare.

Lectures/seminars, I find, are usually anywhere during the day between 9am-6pm and you're not always in for the full day depending on course requirements. You may only be timetabled for a one hour lecture say, on a Monday and may have two, three hour seminars on a Wednesday. I'm assuming with this course you will also have a placement? When I have the placement module on my course (semester two) I'm in pretty much 'full' time for the whole week. I don't know how much help it may be at this stage, as you may get 'we're still organising student timetables' contacting student services for advice or seeing if they can put you in touch with your course leader who may be able to give you an insight. If you're commuting you may also want to take into account how long it'll take to commute etc.

Hope this helps! All the best with starting your course :smile:
Hi, im also starting this course tomorrow, was just glancing down and i was surprised to find any class mates, seen as its such a small course, look forward to meeting you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending