The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

me!
Contact lenses can be really scary looking, especially if someone decides to only put one red lense in...

my friend has got one white contact which doesnt cover up his eye completely but i didnt realise when i got to the pub coz he was on the other side-i thought he'd been beaten up and had his eye half closed!! :smile:
Reply 41
Joey_Johns
The majority of people who wear glasses are nerds.

The majority of people who go into forums named "joey johns" are usually gay..

not that theres anything wrong with that....
Reply 42
Dil
Like the Darth Maul ones? They're scary! I think that contact lenses really help for sport, especially in this country where its always tipping it down! What I find really annoying about glasses is when you come into a warm room from outside and they get all steamed up :mad:

you can just get lenses with no vision correction. That way you don't have to burn your retina out first.
Reply 43
supreme
I sometimes need to wear glasses but I'm getting contacts or laser eye surgery.
Laser eye surgery, what happens if they make a misstake and make me or someone else go blind, think I will get contacts.

They do one eye at a time so if it goes wrong on the first eye they stop and you're only blind in one eye. Hmm, still doesn't sound very good to me!
Reply 44
Dil
OP
~Sam~
They do one eye at a time so if it goes wrong on the first eye they stop and you're only blind in one eye. Hmm, still doesn't sound very good to me!

Wahey and then you can wear a groovy eye-patch! :biggrin:
Reply 45
don't really like my glasses, so normally wear contacts, although quite often if i'm on the computer i put my glasses on *is completely blind without them, can work out some shapes but useless at even recognising people*

i would never have corrective treatement cos i wuld still need glasses because i have an astigmatism in both eyes which can't be corrected and my brothers godmother had laser surgery and was off work for 4 months cos she couldn't see.

lou xxx
Reply 46
I wear glasses, but it's not my fault coz i am long sighted so not caused be reading etc. And fortunately the prescription gets lover over time.
However it's not a bad thing to be slightly short sighted, because as you become old ppl you tend to become a bit long sighted, so short sighted ppl are likely to become better sighted.
As for me. :frown:
Reply 47
Gimp
MY EYE IS ROUND AND COLOURFUL! :tongue:

Mine is blue :smile:
Reply 48
blissy

Nice! \o/
Reply 49
Gimp
Nice! \o/

Thanks, I grew it myself :smile:

Your pupil was very small btw....
Reply 50
blissy

nice eyes blissy they look like d sky.
mine are brown n very large
Reply 51
blissy
Thanks, I grew it myself :smile:

Your pupil was very small btw....

It changes size I have you know! :tongue:
blissy

wow....
Reply 53
blissy
Its deep...and meaningful...
Reply 54
Jaq
nice eyes blissy they look like d sky.
mine are brown n very large

I'm afraid none will (IMO) beat my bf's...

<girly squeal>
I've worn glasses since I was about 8 or 9. Since the beginning of year 4 at primary school.

I'm short sighted but not that bad, I think it's classed as "moderate" myopia. If I take my glasses off now I can't see a word on the computer screen. My head is just over 2 feet away from it.

I can read it at about a foot away. I think that's pretty crap actually, lol.

My eyes are green. I have a pic somewhere but I can't be bothered to dig it out, resize it and post it at this time of night.
Reply 56
Dil
like a mood ring :tongue: what exactly is 20/20 vision... i know its when your vision is perfect but what's the significance of the '20'?

its 20ft i think

the test is done at a distance of 20 foot i think
I'm supposed to wear glasses for watching TV, using the computer, driving etc...I'm not entirely sure where they are (glasses) still haven't gotten used to them.
I'll try to post a picture of my eyes, green with long lashes, naturally curled :tongue: Gives me an excuse to use the digital camera i didn't know we had. :smile:

*edit: I tried to take a picture but the quality is crap, very bright flash has given me vivid red spots in my vision. :frown:
Reply 58
*dreams about her bf's eyes*

:smile:
Reply 59
I want to see some more pictures...

Latest

Trending

Trending