The Student Room Group

English Literature

I am starting English Literature at A level in September. Does anyone have any advice?
Find critical views early on
Don't
Know your texts well. As obvious as it sounds, it's something that people underestimate. Read them a few times, familiarise yourself with the content, any characters, themes etc.

Memorise the assessment objectives. You could write a beautiful essay, but don't hit the assessment objectives effectively and you're in for a shock!

Don't leave revision until the last minute, especially if it's a closed book exam and you have hundreds of quotes to remember!

Get your coursework up to the best possible mark you can, it could save your life :tongue: draft it as many times as you're allowed and keep up to date with it!

Practise essays when you can. This is something I wish I had done because it's extremely beneficial in getting the perfect structure embedded into your head and ensuring you can write a decent essay within the time limit :smile:

What exam board will you be with? Do you know what texts you will be studying? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest