The Student Room Group

gap year student - over a month till uni - what do I do?

Okay, so I didn't apply to uni in year 13 because I wasn't predicted the right grades and I knew I wouldn't get in to the course I wanted. I didn't know what I wanted to do as an alternative so I took an unplanned/unwanted gap year.

I've done some stuff in my gap year, I've done work experience, I've had a job and I've also done some travelling too. Thing is, now I have over a month until I start university, which I'm looking forward to, but I don't know what to do with the rest of my gap year. At the moment I'm just sitting at home not doing a lot and it's getting me down because I'm just existing and feel really useless. I've thought about getting another job but I think I've left it quite late, all the temp jobs are advertising for 4 months/ 6 months etc. I'd really appreciate some advice on what constructive and worthwhile things to do with my time, or let me know if you're in the same boat :smile: Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Do some reading for uni? You could probably find out the core textbooks, get them now and read them so when it's time to do it you can just skim over your notes. I did this and I was quite glad I did.

Volunteer? You can usually get into it quicker than a job. You might not be able to be too picky given your time limits but better than doing nothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending