Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay lets just say 75 =]
Yes that should be more or less a C
Reply 4
Original post by Michael_98
Yes that should be more or less a C

roger
Original post by xjay1234
100 marks available on both Calculator and non Calculator.

What is the pass mark needed?

What's your exam board?
Reply 6
Original post by JayJay-C19
What's your exam board?

EdExcel
Original post by xjay1234
EdExcel

You're on the same as me. A good idea for when you want to know stuff like this for any subject is to look up the exam board's pre-released grade boundary PDF for the previous year:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20composite%201306%20v2.pdf

Judging by this, you need exactly 143/200 marks for a C which breaks down to 71.2 marks a paper so you need 71 to 71 marks for a grade C, on each paper. However, that's subject to change each year but it should be between 70 and 80 as said previously!

Good luck with your GCSE results, xjay1234!
Reply 8
Original post by JayJay-C19
You're on the same as me. A good idea for when you want to know stuff like this for any subject is to look up the exam board's pre-released grade boundary PDF for the previous year:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20composite%201306%20v2.pdf

Judging by this, you need exactly 143/200 marks for a C which breaks down to 71.2 marks a paper so you need 71 to 71 marks for a grade C, on each paper. However, that's subject to change each year but it should be between 70 and 80 as said previously!

Good luck with your GCSE results, xjay1234!

Grazie :yy::yy::yy::yy::yy:
Reply 9
thank you very much
Hi my Foundation Paper is next week and I need a C in Mathematics to get to my College course. Do you have any tips as I really need over 75 marks in both papers.

Thanks

Dan
Reply 11
ZS
My exam is next Thursday, the 4th of June, are you sitting it then? I'm doing non calculator paper, I recommend a disc called 'maths watch' it's really good that's what I'm revising from at the moment it has every topic that may appear on your paper and gives you tutorials on how to do it and also gives you practice questions and worksheets. Good luck in your exam!
(edited 8 years ago)
What about if you get 40 mark what grade is that will be?
Reply 14
Hi,
random question, is it both papers the calculator and non calculator you need 70-80 marks on to get a C or is the two added together?
Thankyou
Reply 15
Original post by Em22ily
Hi,
random question, is it both papers the calculator and non calculator you need 70-80 marks on to get a C or is the two added together?
Thankyou

added together - so over all you need to get 145 marks or more for a C
Reply 16
Hi I need to pass GCSE maths to get into my college course, i sat the edexcel higher paper exam and I believe I got somewhere of around 63 marks on both papers, what grade should that give me
Reply 17
Hi i got 14 questions out of 23 on paper 1 maths non calculator and 17 questions out of 27 on paper 2 on calculator i wanted to know could that be a C thanks.
No-one knows (even the Chief Examiner). Grade boundaries are decided after all of the papers have been marked.
if i get 137 marks on both maths gcse papers edexcel foundation would that be a C

Latest

Trending

Trending