The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I know lots of people that do that. Its not a big problem. No one cares. They may think your crazy though.
Reply 2
better than being constantly miserable. Keep smiling! :biggrin:
Reply 3
haha, thats pretty funny actually.

i'm worse than that, i laugh to myself at times when i'm thinking and everyones like, wtf are you on.
at least you haven't laughed at the face of your chemistry teacher who thinks you're extremely rude & obnoxious now!
Reply 4
Better than scowling at someone. But if you wanna stop, just stop smiling. When you realise you are doing it, just stop. Coz yes, people may think your a bit mad, if you just grin and laugh for no good reason.
Reply 5
Anonymous
I think I may have some sort of problem, because at times when talking or listening to people I just start smiling for no reason at all. Its like i'm expecting something funny and i just laugh! Its so weird, hope someone can shed some light onto this, and not flame me for being a lil odd.

You're not wierd. People who find smiling wierd are wierd.
thats nice to be able to that , wish I could do it more.:biggrin:
Reply 7
I randomly smile and laugh too, but it's usually some random thought that I'm thinking of. My friends are used to it.. "She's randomly laughing again" :biggrin:
But it's not usually during a coversation if I'm consentrating on the convo.
BeesKnees
better than being constantly miserable. Keep smiling! :biggrin:

Exactly!!!!
hey ur not alone!
when i go to my aunts house she just looks at me goes why the hell are u always smiling? im like its a habbit and shes like ur up to something and im like wth im not! but its a great thing i get the odd looks ah she must be crazy but trust me id rathar be crazy than be sad or unhappy and who cares ? i mean ive done it too my fathers collegue came round and we were talking about something very serious nad i was just biting my inner cheek to stop giggling its so awful at times even when i went to a funeral :s-smilie: dont ask i go crazy but bleh cant help it ...dont worry its not a bad thing :smile:
Yeah I just smile all the time doesn't bother me - i'm just a little happy sometimes who cares!!! But I'd just sit in class even though I was mostly a bother I'd still smile about it - smiling is natural do it if you want :smile:
Anonymous
I think I may have some sort of problem, because at times when talking or listening to people I just start smiling for no reason at all. Its like i'm expecting something funny and i just laugh! Its so weird, hope someone can shed some light onto this, and not flame me for being a lil odd.

As problems go, it's not that bad a one to have. Sounds pleasantly quirky to me.
Reply 12
Smiling is my favorite form of exercise. I always smile!! especially when I think of my boyfriend/friends/happy or funny memories etc. I would feel deeply robbed and if someone told me to stop smiling.:biggrin:
im always smiling, rarely stop - its great, people always smile back lol :p: :biggrin:
Reply 14
I keep doing this, but I don't realise it. People keep asking "why are you smiling?" and usually I say "I'm not smiling", before realising that I was :p:
Anonymous

Oh no, let's get you some corrective therapy to make you depressed. :rolleyes: Enjoy it. Wish I smiled that much. :p:
Reply 16
Anonymous
hey ur not alone!
when i go to my aunts house she just looks at me goes why the hell are u always smiling? im like its a habbit and shes like ur up to something and im like wth im not! but its a great thing i get the odd looks ah she must be crazy but trust me id rathar be crazy than be sad or unhappy and who cares ? i mean ive done it too my fathers collegue came round and we were talking about something very serious nad i was just biting my inner cheek to stop giggling its so awful at times even when i went to a funeral :s-smilie: dont ask i go crazy but bleh cant help it ...dont worry its not a bad thing :smile:

Wow!!! we're exactly the same, dame thanks guys i thought i was going nuts I was starting to get worried, and was even contemplating going to the psychologist lol. Feel so much better now, but I still want to get rid of the uncontrolable laughing.
Anonymous
Wow!!! we're exactly the same, dame thanks guys i thought i was going nuts I was starting to get worried, and was even contemplating going to the psychologist lol. Feel so much better now, but I still want to get rid of the uncontrolable laughing.

lol noooo dont go to a psycologist hell if u go to a psy then ill need too as well :biggrin: ah the pleasures of grinning ...u know put it this way it makes people more interested in us because we smile so cheekily :p: the uncontrolable laughing just bite ur inner cheek or suck ur cheeks in like this http://nacho.princeton.edu/fowler/kids/archives/Kate%20fish%20face.JPG

:biggrin: thats what i do and if they ask say u have a swollen cheek n u got to suck the pimple or something :p: :wink:
Reply 18
Anonymous
lol noooo dont go to a psycologist hell if u go to a psy then ill need too as well :biggrin: ah the pleasures of grinning ...u know put it this way it makes people more interested in us because we smile so cheekily :p: the uncontrolable laughing just bite ur inner cheek or suck ur cheeks in like this http://nacho.princeton.edu/fowler/kids/archives/Kate%20fish%20face.JPG

:biggrin: thats what i do and if they ask say u have a swollen cheek n u got to suck the pimple or something :p: :wink:

lol thanks for the advice :smile: i sometimes pinch myself to stop it.
Reply 19
Zafda
haha, thats pretty funny actually.

i'm worse than that, i laugh to myself at times when i'm thinking and everyones like, wtf are you on.
at least you haven't laughed at the face of your chemistry teacher who thinks you're extremely rude & obnoxious now!

:rofl: sorry but i found that very weird!!!!

but seriosuly op, thats not a problem and you should not be worried about it, infact enjoy yourself and keep smiling!!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending