The Student Room Group

Please help me guys is this guy flattered or does he like ME

So basically I kind of have a tiny crush on this guy not that much tbh so I really don’t care if you guys write that he didn’t like me because I’m really not interested in him now but it would be nice to know that he did

Basically I turned around and looked at him three times when I walked past him because I thought he was cute. I rarely see him because he’s not I. Any of my lessons or anything he just exists in school lol. So I saw him like three weeks later one time with his friends. He was staring at me when I walked past him and I turned around and looked at him as I went and he was staring and quickly looked somewhere else embarrassed.

Then another time he was walking near me and I kept turning around and looking at him like 4-5 times and he was just smiling to himself not looking at me just looking down.

He does not stare at me or make an effort to do anything. He doesn’t make eye contact and tbh it looks like he’s not bothered

Do you think he’s just flattered that someone likes him which is why he’s smiling to himself because he shows literally no other signs.

I think he just clocked that I like him and now that he knows he doesn’t care. Because I never see him staring or making eye contact or doing anything else he is so neutral and yeah. I think he’s just got a big ego.

What do you think
From the description when you caught him looking at you and he looked away, I would have said there was a chance he did like you (even if it was just tiny bit for a short time).

However from bit about him smiling to himself, I'd say he clocked you looking at him, and he probably thinks "yep, she still likes me". From a guys point of view, knowing a girl likes him can be an ego boost (even if you don't fancy them, yourself)... without wanting to sound at all unpleasant, it's like he knows if thing ever got bad, he's still got that option.
Reply 2
Original post by Old Skool Freak
From the description when you caught him looking at you and he looked away, I would have said there was a chance he did like you (even if it was just tiny bit for a short time).

However from bit about him smiling to himself, I'd say he clocked you looking at him, and he probably thinks "yep, she still likes me". From a guys point of view, knowing a girl likes him can be an ego boost (even if you don't fancy them, yourself)... without wanting to sound at all unpleasant, it's like he knows if thing ever got bad, he's still got that option.

Ur so right, I kind of like another guy now he’s so much better looking if u don’t mind can u read this and tell me what u think

So there’s this guy I have a crush on and he turnsaround and looks at me whilst walking but I reallythink it’s because I stare at him 24/7 lol. Anyway healways avoids eye contact with me whenever I lookat him straight. One time he turned around andlooked at me twice whilst walking home. And thenhe stood near his regular bus stop and I turnedaround and looked at him before I left and he madeeye contact with me for 1 second and quickly lookedsomewhere else smiling and he was soembarrassed trying to hide his smile.Then I remember I got put into a group project withhim and a few other girls and he got so shy. Thenlater I smiled to myself when I saw him and he sitsright behind me for that subject so then he wassmiling and looking at me when I wasn’t looking. Iturned around to look at the time and that’s when irealised he was looking at me because my back isfaced to him and he quickly looked somewhere elsesmiling right after I looked at him.I caught him staring at me in the exam hall and hedidn’t look away. We did a class test once and Isecretly caught him leaning down to see my facethen he quickly looked elsewhereThe thing is, is he smiling to himself because hegenuinely likes me or does he just like the attentionthat he’s getting In my opinion it’s really hard to tell, please help me 2 people told me he likes you and one person saidthat they think he just clocked that I like him, I hopethe second answer is not the case

is he doing it for attention or does this guy like me
Original post by Anonymous #1
Ur so right, I kind of like another guy now he’s so much better looking if u don’t mind can u read this and tell me what u think

So there’s this guy I have a crush on and he turnsaround and looks at me whilst walking but I reallythink it’s because I stare at him 24/7 lol. Anyway healways avoids eye contact with me whenever I lookat him straight. One time he turned around andlooked at me twice whilst walking home. And thenhe stood near his regular bus stop and I turnedaround and looked at him before I left and he madeeye contact with me for 1 second and quickly lookedsomewhere else smiling and he was soembarrassed trying to hide his smile.Then I remember I got put into a group project withhim and a few other girls and he got so shy. Thenlater I smiled to myself when I saw him and he sitsright behind me for that subject so then he wassmiling and looking at me when I wasn’t looking. Iturned around to look at the time and that’s when irealised he was looking at me because my back isfaced to him and he quickly looked somewhere elsesmiling right after I looked at him.I caught him staring at me in the exam hall and hedidn’t look away. We did a class test once and Isecretly caught him leaning down to see my facethen he quickly looked elsewhereThe thing is, is he smiling to himself because hegenuinely likes me or does he just like the attentionthat he’s getting In my opinion it’s really hard to tell, please help me 2 people told me he likes you and one person saidthat they think he just clocked that I like him, I hopethe second answer is not the case

is he doing it for attention or does this guy like me

Ok, take what I'm about to say with a pinch of salt, because there are almost certainly other things going on that you haven't mentioned.

Based purely on what you've described, I'd say there's a good chance that he likes you (not 100% but a good 80-90%). The fact that you say he's good looking would suggest that he's used to attention from girls... so (IMHO) the only reason he would be flattered by your attention is that he likes you (or at least thinks you're good looking).

I wouldn't read too much into him avoiding eye contact. Some people find it really difficult to look people in the eye, but the fact he can't seem to take his eyes off you (in general) is probably a good sign. The whole "looking away when you've been caught looking" thingy is normally the start of the flirting ritual.

Who were the people who told you a) that he likes you and b) that he just likes the attention... and how well do they know him? (does the one who said he just likes attention like him?). How well do you know his close mates? If he does like you, then chances are you've come up in conversation with them from time to time... so his close mates would probably give you a better indication than I could.

EDIT:- Forgot, today's Valentines day... if you received something unexpected, then there's your answer 😉
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending