The Student Room Group

Students: What's in your bag on a typical day at school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JayJay-C19
I do, I have a lot of clothes aha and to be honest, people only actually CARE in the first week or two... after that it is normally just a select few girls who make an effort...

But I wouldn't want to look like a tramp in school, gotta keep the reputation :smile:

By the way how do people use backpacks? I absolutely hate them after using a satchel bag for 5 years, it's also easy to access stuff in a satchel bag because you don't have to take it off to get something out :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by ozzie2
But I wouldn't want to look like a tramp in school, gotta keep the reputation :smile:

By the way how do people use backpacks? I absolutely hate them after using a satchel bag for 5 years, it's also easy to access stuff in a satchel bag because you don't have to take it off to get something out :biggrin:

People don't look like tramps... you have to dress smart casual... All I mean is that people dont worry too much after the first couple of weeks.

I agree... satchels have never hurt my shoulders either...
The bottom of my bag is like an e-coli infested petri dish.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The bottom of my bag is like an eicoli infested petri dish.

I'm crying, literally dying! :laugh:
Reply 24
A backpack usually from Roxy, a few pens, make-up, girl stuff (in case), some food, water bottle, pencil, ruler, planner, books, hairbrush and about 5 lip balms :smile:
People don't look like tramps... you have to dress smart casual... All I mean is that people dont worry too much after the first couple of weeks.

1407502536272.jpg
Long bags like satchels annoy me when they hit against my hip with every step:tongue:
Reply 26
Original post by narcotica
1407502536272.jpg
Long bags like satchels annoy me when they hit against my hip with every step:tongue:

:rofl: the attachment :mmm:

I don't like that either but there's a simple way to stop that - tighten the strap ;D
Upgrading to a backpack:wink:

2 chapsticks, pencil case, change, 2 pads minimum, oyster card, a watch I never wear, pencils and pens at the side for when I cba to open my pencil case, paperclips, spare compasses and protractors, perfume, post-its, screwdriver and hair pins.
I don't wear makeup so:rolleyes:
Animals and fungus may accumulate at the bottom over time.

I forget what's in my bag during the school year so it's mostly pointless.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28

Haha I guess I would be ok with that, but I don't mind wearing a uniform, it gives me loads of pockets to put pens etc so that's one good thing i guess :smile:

Yeah, apart from when I did PE because I stopped taking books out of my bag due to me forgetting them the next day, and along with my kit it could become a bit heavy. Also on Tuesdays I had Geography which I had a folder for my coursework which was kinda heavy along with some water and my various other books. I think I've developed a hard shoulder though due to it :P

Original post by narcotica
1407502536272.jpg

Eh that can be annoying, but to me it mostly happens when the bag is quite light so it can swing more, however with books etc it shouldn't do it as much. Could sometimes be annoying when I walked home from school though :frown:
- Pencil case
- Subject folders
- Hole punch (probably weird but it comes in handy)
- Paper
- Planner
- Any textbooks/novels I'm using in lessons
- Calculator
- Memory stick
- Phone
- Ipod and earphones
- Lunch and bottle of water
- Makeup bag with hairbrush, lip balm, body spray, hand sanitizer etc etc
- Purse and student card
- Reading glasses and case
- Receipts, broken pens and other crap that I can't be bothered to clear out :colondollar:

Sounds like a hell of a lot now I type it out but I use most of it on a daily basis!
My phone.
Hand cream
tissue
ibuprofen and paracetamol
perfume
pens
the folder for the lectures I have on the day
a calculator though we never use it
And a bottle of water.
Moldy Sandwiches from the month before :P
This is how my bag starts out at the beginning of the year :smile:
Pencil case with pencil, pen, ruler, protractor, rubber, compass
Calculator
Fineliners
Foundation, mirror, nail file, lip balm, tissues
Keys, phone, earphones, purse
School books
Notepad
Folder
Bottle of squash + lunch+ snack :smile:
Reply 33
computing folder,
electronics folder,
maths text book,
400 pages of a4 lined wide margin,
pencil case,
2 calculators,
house key,
2 packets of tissue (incase of nose bleed),
bus pass,
spare change to give to people if they don't have enough money for their lunch or bus ticket,
memory stick with several movies and stand alone programs,
lunch,
diary,

Then I also take my phone, college id, clothes (i wear them) and myself.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Why would you take something that costs in excess of £1,000 to school? Don't you know school is full of reprobates who **** **** up for fun?

It was fine, most people hadn't even heard of Balenciaga! And I was either carrying it or had it next to me all day so no one would have any a chance to touch it anyway :smile:
Pens
Highlighter
Ruler
My glasses (I wear contacts)
Headphones
Notebook
Any textbook(s) I will need
Lunch
Water
Calculator
Memory stick
Sometimes a piece of fruit for a snack :smile: