The Student Room Group

Clear mascara

does anyone wear clear mascara or know any decent brands that have one. it's just that i already have really dark eyelashes and wearing black mascara makes no difference to them so i just want clear mascara that will hold the curl
Reply 1
I use one by Natural Collection when I dont want to use black mascara, its ok but it doesnt really make my lashes look any longer or fuller, plus it feels a bit sticky when Im wearing it, like my lashes are stuck together!!!
well i use an eyelash curler first so i only really mascara to hold the curl, as opposed to trying to make them look longer or fuller. might give the natural collection one a try. is it quite a good brand?
Reply 3
Natural Collection is quite a cheap and cheerful type of brand. Its good for some stuff, but obviouslly you can purchase a lot better buy going for a better more comercial brand.
how about the no.7 lash and brow perfector
http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1057342&classificationid=1031773

not exactly a clear mascara but i cant seem to find anything else. according to boots.com natural collection clear mascara doesnt exist!
Reply 5
I have loads of clear mascara!! Natural Collention is quite nice, i have a Rimmel one but it's quite clumpy, best one i have is Miss Sporty - the one from Superdrug? Well that imo anyway! Rimmel one is the best for seperating lashes though!

-x-
Reply 6
The boots website don't have half the things they sell in store. It would probably be best if you just went there and looked around, and ask one of the makeup counters if you need recommendations or advice.
baby_emmy
I have loads of clear mascara!! Natural Collention is quite nice, i have a Rimmel one but it's quite clumpy, best one i have is Miss Sporty - the one from Superdrug? Well that imo anyway! Rimmel one is the best for seperating lashes though!

-x-

did you buy them recently because i went all round boots yesterday and couldn't find a single clear mascara. can you tell me the specific names of the mascaras so i can see whether they still sell them
i think i have the miss sporty one. yea, thats one (just checked!)

its ok, but doesnt really do much tbh. but then again, no clear mascara does much imo
Reply 9
I think Body Shop do one...bound to be good!
Reply 10
natural collection and No17 do them, brought a No 17 one today. may depend on the size of your store.
Reply 11
i have the collection 2000 one. it DOESNT hold the curl but is nice and conditioning
alison_141288
did you buy them recently because i went all round boots yesterday and couldn't find a single clear mascara. can you tell me the specific names of the mascaras so i can see whether they still sell them

Took me ages to find them too! That's why i have loads, when i do eventually see one - i buy it!! There is always like 1 on it's own, lol! Anyway just had a quick rummage (room is a tip atm!) and came across:

Rimmel: Extreme Definition, clear lash - separating comb mascara
Miss Sporty: Clear Mascara
No7: Lash and Brow Definer, clear mascara
Maybelline: Brow Styling Gel, clear mascara

-x-
did you just get them from boots because iv looked in boots and superdrugs so many times and have still never managed to find even one clear mascara
All from Boots apart from the Miss Sporty one, which was from Superdrug obviously!! Just had a quick look on eBay, there is some on there and also there are some of the ones i mentioned - so you can see what the packaging looks like!

Due to it not being in high demand, they don't really stock it much - which is why you hardly see it! Just got to keep on looking i'm afraid and hope one day one appears!!

-x-
Collection (collection 2000 as was) does a very good clear mascara ....boots no7 lash and brow perfector is also v good but pricey

Quick Reply

Latest