The Student Room Group

What's classed as a date? HELP

Sp tonight this lad I like asked in a group chat were in if any of us in the area want to go to a pub and watch football, knowing that the others don't live in the area.
I said yes so I went. Obviously did my makeup, only eyeshadow, highlighter, contour , brows and mascara. We sat there watching it. He asked if I wanted to sit next to him as it'd be a restricted view, so I said ye. It went well. Soon after the game ended we went home, he said ill see you sometime later. Before this he had also said that we should arrange to go out again as I've never been out.
Is this above classed as a date? I don't know as I've never been on one
no i don’t think the pub outing was a date, just a hangout. BUT, the fact he said you should arrange to go out together again is a good sign and is progress towards arranging an actual date
Reply 2
The ambiguous date request or inviting someone you fancy to a social outing is a well known strategy and from what you describe it sounds hopeful. I would ask him out to something or if you prefer make it clear you’d welcome being asked out again on a one to one basis
Original post by milliewignall_
Sp tonight this lad I like asked in a group chat were in if any of us in the area want to go to a pub and watch football, knowing that the others don't live in the area.
I said yes so I went. Obviously did my makeup, only eyeshadow, highlighter, contour , brows and mascara. We sat there watching it. He asked if I wanted to sit next to him as it'd be a restricted view, so I said ye. It went well. Soon after the game ended we went home, he said ill see you sometime later. Before this he had also said that we should arrange to go out again as I've never been out.
Is this above classed as a date? I don't know as I've never been on one

Personally, I'd say pretty much any arranged one-on-one social meeting between two people is a date. The exceptions are:-

1) If one person explicitly states that you're only going as friends
2) The existing relationship dynamic makes it obvious it's not a date (e.g. relative, they're the partner of a close friend of yours; one person is gay / lesbian / straight etc.)

It can be a quite nice doing things this way, as it takes away the pressure/ expectations that may come with formally "asking someone out". Basically, if you like him, then go with the flow... and maybe try and suggest doing something differently; if not, then next time make it clear that you're only going as friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending