Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Who else for Queen Mary?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Just wondering
Yessss!!!, but i'm also so nervous!:s-smilie:

Aww same! But I'm sure we'll be just fine! :smile:

Was qm your firm? And are you commuting ?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Gmanscoop
Anyone here doing Physics? Can't wait to start, but now need to find a place to stay since there was no priority given to people who live in London. Does anyone know about private accommodation and any good places? Thanks

Hey, I will be studying Physics too! :biggrin: Ugh, that sucks..where abouts in London are you from? Tbh I haven't got a clue about private accommodation as I'll be commuting from Dagenham :tongue:
Original post by Arnamdo
These types of post sadden me. The choices are not only about "doing the course" or drinking. The big choices are around establishing your independence, participating in a community by living among your fellows and contributing something to that academic institution. No one says you can not commute but it simply misses half the point of university. You may as well sit in your bedroom doing the Open Uni, save some money and work part time. But that is not the point is it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that it saddens you but I disagree. Commuting to uni doesn't mean that you cannot contribute to that academic institution or you cannot participate in a community, you can still be part of it all by joining clubs and societies and doing as much as you can to get involved! :smile: For me, it's much more beneficial to commute as I am only a few stops away on the tube so will save a lot of money. I will then have the money to go out with uni mates and be able to save up money so I will have some money behind me for when I do eventually move out. Just because I won't be living on campus or I won't be moving out, it doesn't mean that I'll miss out on the "uni experience". Uni is what you make of it :biggrin:
Original post by Kathryn_Coldham
Hey, I will be studying Physics too! :biggrin: Ugh, that sucks..where abouts in London are you from? Tbh I haven't got a clue about private accommodation as I'll be commuting from Dagenham :tongue:

Hey, another physics student finally hahaha, I'm from west London, kensington area. It's about an hour from mile end commuting so I really want to live close to the uni, but I'm still looking for a place. How long will it take you to get to uni daily from Dagenham?! I think thats on the district line if I'm right.
Hey, another physics student finally hahaha, I'm from west London, kensington area. It's about an hour from mile end commuting so I really want to live close to the uni, but I'm still looking for a place. How long will it take you to get to uni daily from Dagenham?! I think thats on the district line if I'm right.

Oooh very posh :tongue: That's a long commute..well, if I come across anything online that might help I'll let ya know :smile: It'll probably take half and hour to get there, maybe a bit less. Yup it's on the district line so it's a nice journey :biggrin: have you taken BSc or Msci?
Oooh very posh :tongue: That's a long commute..well, if I come across anything online that might help I'll let ya know :smile: It'll probably take half and hour to get there, maybe a bit less. Yup it's on the district line so it's a nice journey :biggrin: have you taken BSc or Msci?

hahaha well the area I live in is not so posh as you might think. Thanks! Yeah the district line isnt too bad but can be a bit slow at times :P I applied for the BSc, but now I feel like I want to change to Msci....hoping I can change easily :0 wbu?
hahaha well the area I live in is not so posh as you might think. Thanks! Yeah the district line isnt too bad but can be a bit slow at times :P I applied for the BSc, but now I feel like I want to change to Msci....hoping I can change easily :0 wbu?

Same here, I wanted to do, Msci cause student loan will pay for the 4th year and cause I wanna do a PhD eventually :smile: but I applied for Bsc cause it had lower entry requirements (it was lucky I did...I actually missed my offer cause my physics grade plummeted, it was a lot lower than expected :frown:) I think they should let people swtich until the 3rd year, providing grades are good enough lol
Same here, I wanted to do, Msci cause student loan will pay for the 4th year and cause I wanna do a PhD eventually :smile: but I applied for Bsc cause it had lower entry requirements (it was lucky I did...I actually missed my offer cause my physics grade plummeted, it was a lot lower than expected :frown:) I think they should let people swtich until the 3rd year, providing grades are good enough lol

yeah they should let us switch..I too missed out on one of my grades but I think qm let you off. I also applied for the bsc cuz it was lower and so i thought i'd most likely get that. Hope to see you in physics soon!
Original post by Ptolemy001
Another Medical Genetics student here! Well i guess a future medical genetics student :biggrin:

hey nice to meet you :smile: you excited ??
My grades were A*AB and i applied during my gap year. Queen mary want ABB and gave me an unconditional offer straight away (without interview). I wanted to go ucl but chose qm after the rejected me.
They focus on all 3 like all good unis but i think that if your personal statement is really good , they should be a little lenient. ABB are achievable grades so i'm sure you can get it :smile:
They ask for atleast a c in eng and maths gcse :smile:

You can ask me any other questions
Reply 30
Original post by godd
I did Msc Finance and Econometrics at QMUL this year, just finishing off my dissertation. Ask me anything!! :biggrin:

Though I will obviously be of more help to anyone joining the Economics and Finance School at QMUL.

How is this degree at QMUL compared to similar degrees at very good unis like UCL, City etc.
anyone going for the fresher's pass - £41.99?????? :/
I was going to wait to see what my flat mates are doing, it's difficult to decide! What are you thinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I took psychology, sociology and law

Thanks love! :smile:
Yeah i dropped business at A2.
I think you're taking a risk by only doing 3 as if you fail one of them, you can't go into a2 with only 2 as levels and will have to retake the year i think. But on the plus side, by taking only 3, you can give each subject extra attention as you'll have more time which will mean a greater chance of doing well in them :smile:

I did psychology ocr so i cant really give you tips on that as aqa and ocr psych are really different. But i think awa psych also involves alot of case studies like ocr so make flashcards (i bought like 200 for a fiver on amazon) as you'll remember them quicker :biggrin:

For sociology, try to start revision early as theres alot of content (a2 is ALOT more but theres still alot) and practice past papers as much as possible because they tend to repeat the questions but in diff forms.
Also buy 'aqa AS sociology' by Anne brown as its written by examiners and it really helped me get an A in AS. There are 2 books (unit 1 and 2 so buy both). Good luck!!! :smile:
yeah they should let us switch..I too missed out on one of my grades but I think qm let you off. I also applied for the bsc cuz it was lower and so i thought i'd most likely get that. Hope to see you in physics soon!

Hope to see you soon...2 weeks to go! :biggrin:
Reply 36
Anybody doing Mathematics? :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Thresholdtofire
Hey, I'm doing chemistry :smile:

Hey,

Are you commuting by any chance?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Secretnerd123
Aww same! But I'm sure we'll be just fine! :smile:

Was qm your firm? And are you commuting ?

Yes it was, and yes I will be commuting, what about you???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending