The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HandmadeTurnip
If your offer is conditional, it will be after you get your results (i.e. mid/late August for A-level students).

How about IB students? Will we receive it on July 6th or on the same date as A Level students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by milkberries
How about IB students? Will we receive it on July 6th or on the same date as A Level students?

They should start sending out emails as soon as they've received your results. I don't know quick they tend to be though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by USAandbeyond
I'm in! :smile: MA in Human Rights!

That's now m in too but would be starting my masters in September msc in control engineering
Hi ! Anyone going in for masters in engineering?:smile:
Reply 2064
Hi! When offer letter is coming after getting unconditional offer (firm choice) ? I received AS12 letter from Ucas on Thursday but not yet from Manchester
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2065
This may be a silly question but what should I expect on the first day of uni? also do I need to take anything with me? (apart from student finance letter)
I will be studying Sociology, anyone else? :smile:
Original post by szm95
This may be a silly question but what should I expect on the first day of uni? also do I need to take anything with me? (apart from student finance letter)
I will be studying Sociology, anyone else? :smile:

It depends what you mean by 'first day', the day you arrive or the first day of your course?

Your course will officially start on the Monday after Welcome Week (i.e. the 28th) but you'll probably have induction meetings to go to before then. Different schools will do different things but you'll generally have introductory talks welcoming you and explaining the structure of the course, there might also be some activities designed to help you get to know your coursemates. Your school will contact you prior to September with information on all this sort of stuff.

I don't think there's really anything you absolutely must bring with you, I doubt you'll need your student finance letter even (unless you've been explicitly told to bring it). Of course, having important documents relating to stuff like SF and UCAS to hand is always a good idea even if you end up not needing them. You can register online from the 1st of September so all you'll need to do when you get there is collect your ID card. If you haven't already, it might be worth activating your IT account now as you'll need it to register. If there's anything else you need to do or bring, your school will notify you.

Other than all the administrative stuff, you'll pretty much just spend your first week getting to know your flatmates and the university. There are loads of events on during Welcome Week so you'll have plenty to occupy you before your course properly starts. The university usually releases an arrival guide sometime in August, as well as information on everything going on during Welcome Week. You can look at last year's guide here.
Original post by JellyCat99
I firmed Manchester for PPE, has anyone else??

I need AAB, but I'm worried I'm gonna miss one of the A's, and I have no idea how lenient Manchester is about getting the grades....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Also firmed manc for PPE but yeah definitely scared i have missed an A Grade!
Original post by ellieager2
Same! Also firmed manc for PPE but yeah definitely scared i have missed an A Grade!

I also want to know this, what will happen eith the lifting of cap
Hi.. I will be studying sociology too, come September.
Reply 2070
Hey, I'm hopefully going to UoM to study History and Politics :biggrin:
Anyone know when we register for classes/get our schedule for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey is anyone living in Darbishire House in September? Can't find anyone else living there
Original post by canada87
Anyone know when we register for classes/get our schedule for law?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Registration opens on the 1st of September, you'll need to activate your IT account beforehand if you haven't done so already.

You'll probably be given your timetable sometime in Welcome Week, at least that's when I've always gotten mine so I'm assuming it's similar for most other courses.
Original post by shauna89
Hey is anyone living in Darbishire House in September? Can't find anyone else living there

It's not a UoM owned residence, so you will be living with a mixture of students from UoM, MMU, RNCM, Salford and local colleges.
Original post by Origami Bullets
It's not a UoM owned residence, so you will be living with a mixture of students from UoM, MMU, RNCM, Salford and local colleges.

Thank you. I just haven't found anyone else there living yet.
Reply 2076
I got Victoria Hall, wasn't my first choice but I'm really happy with it because in terms of location it's perfect for me and as a bonus it looks like one of the nicer halls! :biggrin:
Original post by Miallo
I got Victoria Hall, wasn't my first choice but I'm really happy with it because in terms of location it's perfect for me and as a bonus it looks like one of the nicer halls! :biggrin:

Do u have unconditional offers
Reply 2078
Original post by golden tribe
Do u have unconditional offers

Yes
Reply 2079
Original post by golden tribe
I flopped in my exams i got abc instead of aab. Really sad now

how do u kno ure results?

Latest

Trending

Trending