The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

I got an accommodation offer at oak house. I'm BE.3.33.231. Anyone near by?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION SWAP
I've accepted and prepaid for a catered basin room in Owens park. The rent for the year is £5,393. I'm ideally hoping for a self catered room in Oak house and would be very eager to arrange a swap with anyone in the opposite situation :smile:

QUOTE=halamadrid777;49407595]Hello everyone!
It's the time now :smile: Who else is applying/thinking of applying to University of Manchester and for what course?
Is it your top choice? :smile:
I'm definitely applying for BSc Computer Science with professional experience and it's my top choice. REALLY HOPING FOR AN OFFER!
Good luck to everyone else:smile:

---
Connect to University of Manchester here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
I just read on the website that I need to bring in results of my English language test if I'm an international student, however as a Canadian English is my first language and I literally never have been informed of this before, when applying or when I got my offer. I completed all my education in English (including a first uni degree). Does anyone know if I'm exempt, ie would I have been contacted by someone if I needed to submit one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whitworth park self catered. Looking to swap for any ensuite ????????
Original post by canada87
I just read on the website that I need to bring in results of my English language test if I'm an international student, however as a Canadian English is my first language and I literally never have been informed of this before, when applying or when I got my offer. I completed all my education in English (including a first uni degree). Does anyone know if I'm exempt, ie would I have been contacted by someone if I needed to submit one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also from the university's website:

"English language requirements may also be waived for holders of bachelor’s degrees or higher from the list of countries above, as well as degrees from Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom."

It looks like you'll be exempt but it might be worth contacting them to double check anyway.
Original post by Oliviaere
thats exactly what I did! Okay, I will. Let me know when you do too x

Finally got an offer for Sheavyn House! Hope you got an offer as well! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone in Sheavyn House? I'm A.G.03! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elbob08
Finally got an offer for Sheavyn House! Hope you got an offer as well! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's amazing! Nah I'm still homeless! Can't remember was that your first choice?
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Also from the university's website:

"English language requirements may also be waived for holders of bachelor’s degrees or higher from the list of countries above, as well as degrees from Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom."

It looks like you'll be exempt but it might be worth contacting them to double check anyway.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
Do we confirm out attendance on 'my manchester' once we have arrived at the uni or can we do it now?
Reply 2350
Anyone in here who had an offer from warwick or a higher ranking uni than manchester and rejected the higher ranking uni in favour of manchester?
Reply 2351
Original post by Nina77
Hi guys,
Do we confirm out attendance on 'my manchester' once we have arrived at the uni or can we do it now?

You can do that now. I've done mine.
Reply 2352
Original post by ben60
You can do that now. I've done mine.

Whenever I click 'my attendance' it says that I'm not authorized to view the page:confused:
Reply 2353
Original post by ben60
Anyone in here who had an offer from warwick or a higher ranking uni than manchester and rejected the higher ranking uni in favour of manchester?

Yaah declined leeds for Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
Want to meet some potential LLB law with criminology students, anyone?! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oliviaere
That's amazing! Nah I'm still homeless! Can't remember was that your first choice?

Awhh you'll hear back today! My first choice was Richmond Park but I'm equally happy to have got Sheavyn! :smile:
Reply 2356
I'm doing law with criminology! :smile:
Reply 2357
Original post by Elbob08
Awhh you'll hear back today! My first choice was Richmond Park but I'm equally happy to have got Sheavyn! :smile:

Do you know when I could expect to hear from them? I've only applied for accommodation on wednesday tho as i got in through adjustment :/
Omgggggggg really yay!!, where you from? Manchester - and funny
Because I initially was going to Liverpool but I adjusted myself to Manchester because it's home and would save me a ton of money xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied in February and got dumped in Owens Park so I think a lot of the good spots have gone to the post grads and deferred entries. Either way I hope I'll end up enjoying the room I got.
I'm in Owens park L6.01.12, anyone else in little court here?

Latest

Trending

Trending