The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Hi, just a quick question, do we have to firm Manchester before being able to book accommodation?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Chrisszz
Hi, just a quick question, do we have to firm Manchester before being able to book accommodation?

No, you can apply anyway.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
No, you can apply anyway.

Thanks!
Hi
Yesterday I applied through extra for politics and ir. Actually I didn't receive any emails of acknowledgment from Manchester, though ucas says my application has been referred. Is it ok or should I contact them? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cosimo96
Hi
Yesterday I applied through extra for politics and ir. Actually I didn't receive any emails of acknowledgment from Manchester, though ucas says my application has been referred. Is it ok or should I contact them? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not all universities send out emails acknowledging that they've received your application. It's only been one day so I'd just give them some more time if I were you, then you can contact them if you're still desperate for confirmation.
Not all universities send out emails acknowledging that they've received your application. It's only been one day so I'd just give them some more time if I were you, then you can contact them if you're still desperate for confirmation.

Yes I know, I just wanted to know if Manchester is one of those unis that sends out acknowledgement emails, according to your experiences. That's all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I know, I just wanted to know if Manchester is one of those unis that sends out acknowledgement emails, according to your experiences. That's all

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think they did in my case, the first thing I received was a letter inviting me to an interview. I don't know how your school does things, however.
I don't think they did in my case, the first thing I received was a letter inviting me to an interview. I don't know how your school does things, however.

Thank you so much! The fact is that I'm doing everything on my own, Italian applicant!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1868
Hey guys, can someone who has applied to the uni shed some light on a question of mine?

I want to apply for a postgraduate programme, and I am not sure about the way I can provide my references.
Should I tell my referees to fill the uni's attached form and then submit it myself with the application, or can I alternatively provide their contact details so that the uni gets in touch with them directly?
After 12h from their acknowledgment, I got an offer for Politics and iR!!!! That's amazing, nothing compared to the 3 months waiting for the other rejections! Is there anyone else for the same course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
After 12h from their acknowledgment, I got an offer for Politics and iR!!!! That's amazing, nothing compared to the 3 months waiting for the other rejections! Is there anyone else for the same course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was your offer and GCSEs (if you don't mind me asking) ? I am thinking of applying for that degree next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pheoa101
What was your offer and GCSEs (if you don't mind me asking) ? I am thinking of applying for that degree next year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm an Italian applicant so I don't know, sorry :smile: btw it's slightly higher of the minimum requirements (for Italian diploma it was required 88/100, and they offered me a place with 90/100. I'm predicted 95 at least, so it's good for me! Good luck for the next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh congrats!! I remember seeing you on the Edinburgh thread - I'm so pleased for you :-) manchester is much nicer than Edinburgh anyway ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Ahhh congrats!! I remember seeing you on the Edinburgh thread - I'm so pleased for you :-) manchester is much nicer than Edinburgh anyway ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's me!! ahah Have you firmed an offer from Manchester?
Yes that's me!! ahah Have you firmed an offer from Manchester?

I have indeed :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firm or insurance, not too sure atm.
I think Manchester will most likely be my #1 choice, love the city :smile:
Reply 1876
Hello everyone :smile: I wonder if anyone else went to the interview and got a great offer and then there came a completely different offer to the UCAS account, which is 100 times more difficult to achieve? I am really confused right now, can't understand what happened...
Original post by Usiman
Hello everyone :smile: I wonder if anyone else went to the interview and got a great offer and then there came a completely different offer to the UCAS account, which is 100 times more difficult to achieve? I am really confused right now, can't understand what happened...

Might be wise for you to ring the uni on Tuesday for clarification

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
I have indeed :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course?? So we'll definetely meet there next year!!! come onn
What course?? So we'll definetely meet there next year!!! come onn

Idk man I might not make my offer, A*A*A!!
Physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending