The Student Room Group

Israel's a nuclear threat to the entire world

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MatureStudent36
Not at all. The Israelis are doing targeted strikes notifying civilians to move out of areas whilst simultaneously shooting down Unguided Hamas rockets that are fired into Israeli territory whilst using civilians as cover to create an Israeli response to cause civilian casualtys.

I'm not seeing the IDF launching tickets from next to schools and hospitals.

There was an international lawyer on radio 4 a few weeks ago explaining that through the law of armed conflict the Israelis are actually playing it by the book. Its Hamas that are breaking international law by knowingly using civilians as cover and trying the cause civilian casualties.

The situation were in is that the Israelis are better at defending its Citiziens that Hamas are. In fact Hamas are trying to create Palestinian casualties for propaganda gain.

Have you heard if the term 'the useful idiot?'

I loled. Move out to where? Can they even leave gaza?

Yeah right israel playing by the book by killing UN workers after they informed israel 17 times of their location and told them not to fire there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
This is dumb. Israel isn't even that much of a threat, there are a lot of nice people that live well with the Arabs. It's just a few fascist Zionists that keep on ruining it for the entire state/country/idk.
Original post by DaveSmith99
So you class occupation, blockade and the continuing annexation of land as peace?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6709173.stm

Israel took that land as a buffer zone after the 1967 war. I'm not saying they were right to do so but I can understand from a military point of view why they did it.

If the Palestinians want to defeat Israel & have their own country, they need to lay down their weapons. Certainly in the West's view, Israel has the moral high ground even if they do kill civilians. However, Hamas deliberately targets civilians with almost every attack.
If you look back at the 20th Century, peaceful protests seem to achieve far more. Had did Ghandi create an independent India? How did Martin Luther King win civil rights?
If you take away Israel's moral high ground then you win.
& by peaceful protest, I don't mean Hamas gathering civilians around a rocket launching site so that Israel either has to call off the airstrike or kill people that were placed there as human shields.
Reply 63
I agree the zionists are devils of the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tempest II
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6709173.stm

Israel took that land as a buffer zone after the 1967 war. I'm not saying they were right to do so but I can understand from a military point of view why they did it.

Israel are still taking land, a few days after the ceasefire they announced they were helping themselves to more of the West Bank, but then had to back down after international pressure. Land grabs are not something that happened in the past, they are still happening.

If the Palestinians want to defeat Israel & have their own country, they need to lay down their weapons. Certainly in the West's view, Israel has the moral high ground even if they do kill civilians. However, Hamas deliberately targets civilians with almost every attack.
If you look back at the 20th Century, peaceful protests seem to achieve far more. Had did Ghandi create an independent India? How did Martin Luther King win civil rights?
If you take away Israel's moral high ground then you win.
& by peaceful protest, I don't mean Hamas gathering civilians around a rocket launching site so that Israel either has to call off the airstrike or kill people that were placed there as human shields.

I'm not saying that Hamas are right to be firing rockets, all I'm saying is that even if they stop, they still won't have peace.
Reply 65
Israel are still taking land, a few days after the ceasefire they announced they were helping themselves to more of the West Bank, but then had to back down after international pressure. Land grabs are not something that happened in the past, they are still happening.

I'm not saying that Hamas are right to be firing rockets, all I'm saying is that even if they stop, they still won't have peace.

I'm pretty certain there will be peace if Hamas weren't in charge of Gaza, if a there wasn't an Islamic terrorist group in charge, all the problems that face Gaza could be taken care of. Unfortunately Hamas doesn't want this to happen.
Original post by Benjobox
Are you serious mate? The nuclear threat is Iran, NOT Israel. We (and anyone else who supports the model of Western democracy, religious freedom and equal rights) need to do all we can to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear arsenal.

2012 called; it wants its foreign policy opinion back.
Original post by cizzlar
I'm pretty certain there will be peace if Hamas weren't in charge of Gaza, if a there wasn't an Islamic terrorist group in charge, all the problems that face Gaza could be taken care of. Unfortunately Hamas doesn't want this to happen.

Hamas have been in control of Gaza since 2007, which is not when the problems began........
Reply 68
Hamas have been in control of Gaza since 2007, which is not when the problems began........

Yeah the problems began before my time when Israel was attacked from all sides but managed to defend itself but I probably shouldn't have said 'could of been taken care of' even though theoretically they may have hence why I said 'could of' not 'would of', but in hindsight maybe I should of said the problems Gaza faces wouldn't be as bad if Hamas weren't in charge as they are an Islamic terrorist group.
Reply 69
Hamas have been in control of Gaza since 2007, whorganisationsn the problems began........

Just to clarify I never said the problems started because of Gaza. Furthermore my stance On this is swayed by the fact I have a hatred of all Islamic extremist organisations as I would expect others including moderate muslims to have aswell.
Original post by cizzlar
Yeah the problems began before my time when Israel was attacked from all sides but managed to defend itself but I probably shouldn't have said 'could of been taken care of' even though theoretically they may have hence why I said 'could of' not 'would of', but in hindsight maybe I should of said the problems Gaza faces wouldn't be as bad if Hamas weren't in charge as they are an Islamic terrorist group.

The problems began around the turn of the century when tensions were flaring up between Jewish settlers and the Arab residents of Palestine, a good 40 odd years before Israel declared its independence and was attacked by it's Arab neighbours.
Original post by cizzlar
Just to clarify I never said the problems started because of Gaza. Furthermore my stance On this is swayed by the fact I have a hatred of all Islamic extremist organisations as I would expect others including moderate muslims to have aswell.

Sure, I hate Islamic extremist organisations as well, I'm also not too fond of Islam in general.

It's also worth nothing that Zionism is in itself an example of religious extremism.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 72
Sure, I hate Islamic extremist organisations as well, I'm also not too fond of Islam in general.

That's fair enough, I see your point you're making. What's gets me alittle annoyed and I don't consider you one of them is the #freepalestine people who don't acknowledge that Hamas is part of the problem.
Original post by cizzlar
That's fair enough, I see your point you're making. What's gets me alittle annoyed and I don't consider you one of them is the #freepalestine people who don't acknowledge that Hamas is part of the problem.

Hamas is part of the problem, but I see them as a problem created by Israel. I don't mean that in a conspiracy theory 'Hamas were created by Mossad' way, but Israel has created and maintains an impoverished, hopeless apartheid state and this is exactly the type of environment where extremism and hatred can and will flourish.

No. They started during rockets into Israel back in 2001.
Original post by MatureStudent36
No. They started during rockets into Israel back in 2001.

Which is neither when they gained control of the Gaza strip nor is it the beginning of the Arab-Israeli conflict.
Original post by GnomeMage
No they didnt. And even if they did, UN workers deserve to die?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they did launch rockets at Israel, Hamas themselves admit it. And the rules of war say that if you obey the rules of proportionality, (which is itself highly subjective) then you may eliminate a military target. Using "deserved to die" could be applied to any conflict where civilians get killed. Pick your favorite WWII, Iraq, Kuwait...
Original post by DoctorSchmoe
Yes they did launch rockets at Israel, Hamas themselves admit it. And the rules of war say that if you obey the rules of proportionality, (which is itself highly subjective) then you may eliminate a military target. Using "deserved to die" could be applied to any conflict where civilians get killed. Pick your favorite WWII, Iraq, Kuwait...

Hamas did not admit to firing rockets beside UN house. Neither did Israel's artillery fire hit beside of UN schoolhouse, it hit straight on the schoolhouse, not beside it. As a matter of fact, UN informed Israel 17 times on their locations and told them not to fire at them. Its obvious this is a showcase of power and Israel is trying to show the UN who has a bigger dick and then pretending afterwards claiming it was an accident.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hamas is part of the problem, but I see them as a problem created by Israel. I don't mean that in a conspiracy theory 'Hamas were created by Mossad' way, but Israel has created and maintains an impoverished, hopeless apartheid state and this is exactly the type of environment where extremism and hatred can and will flourish.

Indeed; a lot of Palestinians feel that they were betrayed by Israel, and to a lesser extent by Fatah, in 1993, when they stopped fighting for the promise of a state which was never fulfilled. Support for Hamas comes not out of a belief that they can win, but out of resignation; the feeling that if they can't win, they'll at least go down fighting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending