The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Almost hoping I don't hear today (unless it's an offer :tongue:) as I have an interview tomorrow!!
Anything? Anyone?!
Original post by PharmaGiles
Anything? Anyone?!

Nah mate, Feb 4th is where it's at :wink:

One day we'll hear...one day
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got a call from a lovely Medical Sciences student asking if I wanted to come to their visit day and if I have any questions about the course! Feel slightly bad that that's my back up but it was nice to chat to her!!
Reply 1684
Original post by Dr. Django
Nah mate, Feb 4th is where it's at :wink:

One day we'll hear...one day

At least there are a few of us still left together!!

One day indeed...
Booked myself onto the offer holder day on 4th March :biggrin:
Was wondering if people generally take a parent to offer holder days or not? I thought it was more just for the students but it gives the option to have a guest so now I'm not sure :/
Original post by MollyMcFly1
Was wondering if people generally take a parent to offer holder days or not? I thought it was more just for the students but it gives the option to have a guest so now I'm not sure :/

Last year I went to 3 and 2 I went alone, 1 with my mum (admittedly she mainly just shopped in Edinburgh :tongue:)

I'd say it's a pretty even split so it's really up to you :smile: I liked going alone as i could make my own decision, and I found it easier to talk to people if my parents weren't there but it's really up to you, not something to be worried about :smile:
Last year I went to 3 and 2 I went alone, 1 with my mum (admittedly she mainly just shopped in Edinburgh :tongue:)

I'd say it's a pretty even split so it's really up to you :smile: I liked going alone as i could make my own decision, and I found it easier to talk to people if my parents weren't there but it's really up to you, not something to be worried about :smile:

Yeah I think my mum was just planning to go and have a wonder around Exeter while I was at the uni! Think I'd prefer to go on my own really, as like you said, I can then do my own thing and get talking to some people :smile:
Will there be a lot of offer holders attending the visit day?
Want to go but its going to cost me ~£130 for travel/hotel :redface:
Original post by Clubba
Will there be a lot of offer holders attending the visit day?
Want to go but its going to cost me ~£130 for travel/hotel :redface:

It doesn't actually start until 12.30; is there any chance you could do it as a day trip to save the hotel cost?
Original post by Dr Gin
It doesn't actually start until 12.30; is there any chance you could do it as a day trip to save the hotel cost?

Cost still works out to be similar :redface:

Either I do a day trip (£131.75 in the train)
Or I travel the day before during off-peak (£62.05 in the train + £78 for the hotel)

Although I really want to go visit, don't know if it's worth ~£130 :colondollar:
Original post by Clubba
Cost still works out to be similar :redface:

Either I do a day trip (£131.75 in the train)
Or I travel the day before during off-peak (£62.05 in the train + £78 for the hotel)

Although I really want to go visit, don't know if it's worth ~£130 :colondollar:

Where are you travelling from? Maybe you could cadge a lift with another TSR offer-holder? (starting to sound like a stalker now :s-smilie:)

Really hard to guess whether it's worth it; we need someone who's been before to tell us how good it was...
Original post by Dr Gin
Where are you travelling from? Maybe you could cadge a lift with another TSR offer-holder? (starting to sound like a stalker now :s-smilie:)

Really hard to guess whether it's worth it; we need someone who's been before to tell us how good it was...

Had a look on last year's thread and it seems as though this is the first time Exeter are holding a visit day for medicine :s-smilie:

I'll decide in the next few days I guess :tongue:
It's approaching "any email = heart palpitations" o'clock...

Maybe we'll hear today...?
It's approaching "any email = heart palpitations" o'clock...

Maybe we'll hear today...?

I snapped and rang them earlier... haha
They just said the end of January was what they aim for and it's taking longer than usual, just need to keep checking emails, etc. Apparently their actual deadline is March? Felt like I was wasting the guy's time!

Good luck anyone who's left! I'm not holding my breath for any news this evening... but you never know.
I snapped and rang them earlier... haha
They just said the end of January was what they aim for and it's taking longer than usual, just need to keep checking emails, etc. Apparently their actual deadline is March? Felt like I was wasting the guy's time!

Good luck anyone who's left! I'm not holding my breath for any news this evening... but you never know.

Cheers for ringing, I was just about to when I saw this!

I personally think we're borderline applicants and they're waiting till they've interviewed the next batch :s-smilie:

I could be wrong, probably am tbh...just wanna hear!!

Good luck, even though it's a relatively early reply time, the fact that the vast majority of people have heard already makes it feel like such an elongated wait :/
Had an email an hour ago. Rejected... Never mind. Two more to come yet!
Best of luck fellow long wait-ers!

Drat, I really feel for you. Hope you have better luck with your other choices.

Damn :frown: really sorry to hear that. Good luck with your other 2 options, I'm sure it'll all work out for you :smile:

The long wait crew is slowly dwindling in numbers...just hoping there's an offer or two still out there :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending