The Student Room Group

Website for clinical students - help needed

Hi all,

I am a registrar in hepatology at a liver transplant centre, and this year the department have given me ownership of undergraduate teaching for 2nd year students. The 2nd years spend one morning a week in a clinical setting to gain exposure to clinical medicine before commencing more extensive clinical placements in their 3rd year, and have a well-defined curriculum (including systems examination, history taking etc.) that they have to cover.

I have done some research into what resources are currently available, and think that a focussed website that covered the very basics and introduction to clinical practice would be useful.

I have therefore started to produce a website. The design is complete and I am now producing content. This is quite a big project, and I am therefore looking for other people (doctors or students in their clinical years) who would be interested in getting involved.

The ground work has been done, and something like this would be a good way to demonstrate either committment to specialty or teaching experience etc. for job applications.

If you are interested please either reply on here or send me a message, and I'll send you a link to the website and some more information.

Any pre-clinical students reading this, I'd also be grateful to hear what you would find most useful in a resource like this.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Reply 1
I would love to help, however I am occupied with a lot currently. Also, there are pretty good books out there already on clinical skills like the Macleod Clinical Examination.

Please do share the link when you're done, however.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending