The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Freshers Week

Hi, im going to be moving into Bakewell on the 25th and ive included the option to include freshers week. Was jus wondering whether this jus includes accommodation for freshers week or the activities in Bakewell aswell. Like would i still need to pay for hall subs etc or jus the ball.

Thanks
Reply 1
Hall subs are compulsory. Your accommodation during Freshers week is included in your main contract, subs is money given to Bakewell Committee to run events. I am not 100% sure on this (as it's possible it even varies from hall to hall) but I do not think that the Ball ticket is paid for by hall subs. If you get Platinum it is definitely included as part of that. If you don't get Platinum, I think I saw the ball ticket price listed as £39 on the breakdown at http://www.lsu.co.uk/platinum .

Bakewell was my old hall, and I can tell you I had a great Freshers' Fortnight :smile: I hope your move goes smoothly and that you have a great Freshers' Experience!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
So wen do we pay the hall subs n how much? Would it be ok payung the hall subs wen we arrive?

Thanks.
Reply 3
It changes from hall to hall, but I know that Bill Mo committee want Hall Subs to be paid before arrival. You can pay when you arrive, but if the committee are being strict on it then it might slow down your move in. The amount is set by the committee, so you will have to check your hall's lsu.co.uk page for the exact amount (and to buy it). Here is a quick guide, assuming that you are a fresher who will be living in halls this year:

Go to: http://www.lsu.co.uk You may need to register, I can't quite remember how it works the first time.

At the top of the page, find the search bar and search for your hall.

Click on your hall's page and scroll to the bottom. There are buttons showing the different types of hall subs/affiliations you can get. You only need ONE of these. It is likely to be called something like "Hall Subs" or "Freshers Subs" (again, dependent on the committee that wrote the page). There should be explanations of what each one is for.

Click 'buy' then follow the checkout process like you would for an online shopping purchase.

Voilá! You are sorted.

If you want to join any clubs, societies, etc during the year, you will follow this same process.
Reply 4
Thanks, much appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending