The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My mum is coming with me (flying from cardiff)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
Am really quite envious of you all...I'll be back in St As for my final 2 years but have my year abroad now. Which is a good thing but right now I'm scared and wishing I cld just go to St As. But I'll be there Sun-Tue before heading off in to the big bad world. :biggrin: Hope everybody has a great year and end up loving it as much as I do.
Talking of long drives my dad is driving me from Aberdeen to a town near the French Alps. More like a road trip!
Reply 22
Best of luck with your year abroad!
Reply 23
In Edinburgh right now, will be in St. Andrews tomorrow.. ridiculously excited! (and very, very tired..)
Reply 24
Jealous... Claire I got my passport, but I missed my flight, so I'm flying today and going straight to St. Andrews. Who needs sleep anyway! :biggrin:
Reply 25
So all your troubles sorted now Chris?
Well this is my last post for a while from sunny Sunderland, my next will be from DRA HA0303! see you all there!
Steeeeevo
Well this is my last post for a while from sunny Sunderland, my next will be from DRA HA0303! see you all there!

Thank god for that :wink:
Reply 28
Im also in edinburgh just now! super duper nervous about tomorrow! But Im sure you will all be nice to me! lol! see you all tomorrow! byes!
Reply 29
heh, I'm here and settled into my flat now. =)
Just started packing (no I'm not joking). Expect me this evening :p:
Reply 31
Steeeeevo

YEY! :biggrin: someone local!!!! Im from Chester le street (horrible place i know:frown: ) ! i thort everyone one at st a was american, foreign or southern. Pleased to know that im not the only one from north east :smile:
Reply 32
...I can't believe my luck in the past 3 days. On takeoff (finally!) at Toronto's Pearson airport, my plane's igniter faulted and the plane was landed for repairs. I was stuck on the ground for an extra 3 hours, missing my transfer flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh. Now I'm taking a train from Gatwick to Heathrow to take a new flight, scheduled for the late evening. I've got to sit in this airport for another 3 and a half hours... so anyway I won't be arriving in St. A's until well into the night tonight :frown: Let's hope my plane doesn't crash on the way up!

I'll be seeing you all soon anyway. I'll just be a wreck when I arrive lol
Reply 33
Yay, but at least your coming on the weekend! Thank god your passport came!

I'm just doing a last few odd bits of packing and i'll be there sometime tomorrow afternoon!
V-E-A
YEY! :biggrin: someone local!!!! Im from Chester le street (horrible place i know:frown: ) ! i thort everyone one at st a was american, foreign or southern. Pleased to know that im not the only one from north east :smile:

Nah I'm local, where you living? I'm in DRA Hamilton house (the one with no internet so my replies will be slow! :wink: ) so let me know where you are and we can meet up.

Oh and madmanjock......... I'll get you eventually :biggrin:
Steeeeevo

Oh and madmanjock......... I'll get you eventually :biggrin:

Haha I had a few drinks on me when I posted that, nothing like being a dick when drunk.

Anyway last night I was invited to my first halls party, which was fantastic. Mingled with alot of second and third years "showing us the ropes", got involved in some heavy drinking games and then started talking theology to someone that was as drunk as I was for a hour (actually was pretty deep, considering I kept slipping on the floor trying to stand and he stopped at one point to throw up). I love it here :biggrin:
Reply 36
Just noticed the Sunday Times review on St A. 6,000 students and 25% are International students! I never realized a) it was that small and b) it had such a high % of students from outside the UK! More like a mini UN.
Madmanjock
Haha I had a few drinks on me when I posted that, nothing like being a dick when drunk.

Anyway last night I was invited to my first halls party, which was fantastic. Mingled with alot of second and third years "showing us the ropes", got involved in some heavy drinking games and then started talking theology to someone that was as drunk as I was for a hour (actually was pretty deep, considering I kept slipping on the floor trying to stand and he stopped at one point to throw up). I love it here :biggrin:

I did yesterday :cool: , it was the guys who I think runs the union for DRA (the one who is always in flip-flops!) but I ended up having a bizarre convocation with a drunk 3rd year and being made uncomfortable enough to have to leave! never mind :biggrin:
Steeeeevo
I did yesterday :cool: , it was the guys who I think runs the union for DRA (the one who is always in flip-flops!) but I ended up having a bizarre convocation with a drunk 3rd year and being made uncomfortable enough to have to leave! never mind :biggrin:

:biggrin: Those pesky thrid years must be out to get us.

Some smooth talking Norwegian in my apartment found his academic mum (or she has found a son) yesterday. He's hoping for "incest" :p:
Madmanjock
:biggrin: Those pesky thrid years must be out to get us.

Some smooth talking Norwegian in my apartment found his academic mum (or she has found a son) yesterday. He's hoping for "incest" :p:

Thats either the funniest thing I've heard in a while or its the free drink from the BBQ influencing my humour, either way it deserves some rep! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending