The Student Room Group

27M no girlfriend

Hi all I have never had a girlfriend before or had sex and sometimes I feel depressed about it. I try not to focus on it too much and focus on myself. I try not to get jealous of other people's relationships as sometimes it just gets to me when the girl prefers the other guy. All I do is be myself and try to be confident around girls but at the end of the day, they are just people.

I think it is mainly a lack of confidence I just need to stop being shy around girls as it makes me feel like a creep. I just need to know how to stop being jealous of other people's relationships and become confident and not a simp. I consider myself an attractive person but it is confidence that is mainly the key.

Scroll to see replies

What does your face look like? People say looks aren't everything but looks are actually 80% of the challenge. For some people, there is no hope unless they lower their standards.
Reply 2
Original post by TheKING1986
What does your face look like? People say looks aren't everything but looks are actually 80% of the challenge. For some people, there is no hope unless they lower their standards.

hopefully, you should access the photo i am tall dark muscular with a strong jaw line
Original post by Anonymous #1
hopefully, you should access the photo i am tall dark muscular with a strong jaw line

upload to imgur and post the link here, the image failed.
Reply 4
https://imgur.com/a/11OGjQH hopefully you should be able to get it
Reply 5
Original post by TheKING1986
upload to imgur and post the link here, the image failed.

Believe me, its not you at all. From the sounds of it, it seems you are very decent and a good guy, not like those players and people doing casual hook-ups.
You've said that your appearance is relatively ok, so maybe its just to do with confidence or being able to have a conversation with women.
What about your hobbies or your work? What are they like?
Women tend to want to speak with someone who is interesting or have things to talk about.
i think cases like this are becoming more common
Do not post pictures up on here!!
Original post by H8Courtship217
i think cases like this are becoming more common

Meaning?

I feel girls nowadays get bored easily.
you’re not bad looking but don’t post your pic on here and dw we all got issues

I’m 26 female and about to be divorced lol my life is also a joke
My fiancé is literally doing nothing with her life, genuinely question whether it would be better to just be single and focus on myself so don’t be so hard on yourself.
Reply 12
Try getting lean, you look a little fat though maybe you just have a bloated skull
You're not bad looking at all, maybe the face is a little big and you're got a bit of fat which you can easily go gym and sort it. I've seen lots of guys that look alot worse and still manage to date lots of people so you can also try working on your confidence a bit.
No point in being in a relationship or having sex for it's own sake. Take time, find the right person, and take it from there.

I know what I want, and am not settling for anything less than that. I'm single for a long time and sometimes frustrated by it, but far happier than if I settled down with the wrong person. At least this way I can't blame anyone but myself for whatever I think is wrong with my life.

I went for compromises, or rather compromised on the wrong things in the past, and it did me no favours. I've known lots of people who were/are in relationships, mainly out of either convenience, stigma associated with being single (other people judging), for the sex, or because they feel terribly anxious/insecure if they're not in a relationship and their life starts derailing. I don't think any of those reasons are good enough to enter a relationship. More genuine depth might evolve as the relationship continues, but it also might not and just be a pointless or even traumatic waste of years of your life.
Original post by NonIndigenous
No point in being in a relationship or having sex for it's own sake. Take time, find the right person, and take it from there.

I know what I want, and am not settling for anything less than that. I'm single for a long time and sometimes frustrated by it, but far happier than if I settled down with the wrong person. At least this way I can't blame anyone but myself for whatever I think is wrong with my life.

I went for compromises, or rather compromised on the wrong things in the past, and it did me no favours. I've known lots of people who were/are in relationships, mainly out of either convenience, stigma associated with being single (other people judging), for the sex, or because they feel terribly anxious/insecure if they're not in a relationship and their life starts derailing. I don't think any of those reasons are good enough to enter a relationship. More genuine depth might evolve as the relationship continues, but it also might not and just be a pointless or even traumatic waste of years of your life.

Well I’m offended
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous #2
You're not bad looking at all, maybe the face is a little big and you're got a bit of fat which you can easily go gym and sort it. I've seen lots of guys that look alot worse and still manage to date lots of people so you can also try working on your confidence a bit.

yeah I've put on some weight recently I'm gonna start losing weight in the new year
Reply 17
Original post by gabriellakhan
you’re not bad looking but don’t post your pic on here and dw we all got issues

I’m 26 female and about to be divorced lol my life is also a joke

ah, why is it bad to post your pic on here? sorry to hear about your divorce
Reply 18
Original post by Little pecker
My fiancé is literally doing nothing with her life, genuinely question whether it would be better to just be single and focus on myself so don’t be so hard on yourself.

yeah I try not to be hard on myself but it gets to me people are kissing and holding hands not that I am purposely looking lol but having a girlfriend is not a fairy tale it has its ups and downs but ya know still want to be involved but atm trying to focus on myself and where I want to go in life
Maybe your height puts girls off many of us like a tall guy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending