The Student Room Group

Flesh almost protruding where vagina should be?

This isn't a recent issue, but thought it was normal until finding out what vaginas are supposed to be like.

Basically, where my vaginal opening should be there is flesh that is attached to the inside and sometimes it's slightly outside of where the opening should be. When I touch it, it does have some feeling but it is not painful.

To note, I cannot push it in and can't get any fingers inside because I'm pretty sure there is no opening or anything there for me to put things into.

I'm also pretty sure it's not prolapse after seeing what that looks like. Also I am only 15 so it's unlikely anyway.

Like, I've checked so many diagrams of anatomy to see if I can find something similar to what I have but I can't find anything and just wanted to know if perhaps someone knew or was experiencing the same thing.

Also, I'm unable right now to go to a doctor about this before you out right tell me to go see one.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is it your inner labia?
Original post by Anonymous #1
This isn't a recent issue, but thought it was normal until finding out what vaginas are supposed to be like.

Basically, where my vaginal opening should be there is flesh that is attached to the inside and sometimes it's slightly outside of where the opening should be. When I touch it, it does have some feeling but it is not painful.

To note, I cannot push it in and can't get any fingers inside because I'm pretty sure there is no opening or anything there for me to put things into.

I'm also pretty sure it's not prolapse after seeing what that looks like. Also I am only 15 so it's unlikely anyway.

Like, I've checked so many diagrams of anatomy to see if I can find something similar to what I have but I can't find anything and just wanted to know if perhaps someone knew or was experiencing the same thing.

Also, I'm unable right now to go to a doctor about this before you out right tell me to go see one.

Do you have periods? If so, there is some kind of opening even if very small.
(edited 5 months ago)
I had a similar thing with this flesh thing dangle down but it seemed to move. Inside is this normal?
I have had a similar issue and it scared me so much I have been to the drs they say it's nothing wrong. But this thing would sit there and I can't feel it much as before. Is it extra skin that some ladies have???
Original post by Brunettegirl24
I have had a similar issue and it scared me so much I have been to the drs they say it's nothing wrong. But this thing would sit there and I can't feel it much as before. Is it extra skin that some ladies have???

What did the doctor say it was?
Original post by ageshallnot
What did the doctor say it was?
That it was all ok
That it was all ok

Didn't they say exactly what it was? Didn't you ask for clarification?
Didn't they say exactly what it was? Didn't you ask for clarification?
They just said all fine, the first one said it's all normal, I went twice in the end as I was still concerned saw a second Dr , she said what am i looking for?? Was quite blunt.
So guess it's meant to be like that .
They just said all fine, the first one said it's all normal, I went twice in the end as I was still concerned saw a second Dr , she said what am i looking for?? Was quite blunt.
So guess it's meant to be like that .

Very strange. Presumably it doesn't affect you negatively?
I feel insecure about it , as it feels like a lump which scares me and can see it myself definitely don't help with googling .as I scared myself , But the Dr said all ok.
I feel insecure about it , as it feels like a lump which scares me and can see it myself definitely don't help with googling .as I scared myself , But the Dr said all ok.

Does it hurt? Where exactly is it? Inside your vagina or outside? Have you seen it?
Does it hurt? Where exactly is it? Inside your vagina or outside? Have you seen it?
Not really. yes it's inside , I have seen
Original post by Anonymous #2
Not really. yes it's inside , I have seen

What does it look like? A spot? A cyst? Normal flesh?

How big is it? How far inside?
(edited 1 month ago)
What does it look like? A spot? A cyst? Normal flesh?
How big is it? How far inside?

It's flesh and not too big
It's flesh and not too big

You said it makes you insecure, but does it affect you physically? For example, during sexual activity or using tampons?
You said it makes you insecure, but does it affect you physically? For example, during sexual activity or using tampons?

No , just I can feel it sometimes and see it.
I haven't done much activity and never really wanted to use tampons before I noticed this more.
No , just I can feel it sometimes and see it.
I haven't done much activity and never really wanted to use tampons before I noticed this more.

I honestly have no idea what it is. I'm very surprised that two doctors examined you, told you that everything was fine, but didn't explain what the lump was. Could you see a nurse, who might be more sensitive to your fears rather than focusing on a clinical approach? If so, then you need to ask the question "ok, so it's not serious but what is it???"
I honestly have no idea what it is. I'm very surprised that two doctors examined you, told you that everything was fine, but didn't explain what the lump was. Could you see a nurse, who might be more sensitive to your fears rather than focusing on a clinical approach? If so, then you need to ask the question "ok, so it's not serious but what is it???"

I forgot to mention the one Dr said I had a tag there .She didn't say what type as she had a trainee with her, just said there's a tag . Before I went to the drs I have researched about hymen skin to prolapse which frightened me.I have had this fleshy thing since my teens but never really looked at it much I asked online is it normal and it comes up with hymen remains or prolapse which frightened me ,but I'm going to the toilet as normal , surely the Dr would have said something if it wasn't right. So hoping it is hymen tag.
I forgot to mention the one Dr said I had a tag there .She didn't say what type as she had a trainee with her, just said there's a tag . Before I went to the drs I have researched about hymen skin to prolapse which frightened me.I have had this fleshy thing since my teens but never really looked at it much I asked online is it normal and it comes up with hymen remains or prolapse which frightened me ,but I'm going to the toilet as normal , surely the Dr would have said something if it wasn't right. So hoping it is hymen tag.

Aha! Well, I think you can be fairly confident that it is indeed a tag. I've got a few in various places around my body though not in such a worrying location. I've had one of them removed, but I don't know whether that's an option for you.

If it was a prolapse, I think the doctors would have noticed!

Quick Reply

Latest