The Student Room Group

How bad are my GCSE results?

Scroll to see replies

That's for that specific course there. Even so, if that was the case for every single Medicine course, it's fair to say unless you are interested in Medicine then GCSEs are just a means of getting to college. Likewise, A-Levels are just a means of getting into University and a degree is just a means of getting you a job/starting a career. GCSEs are just as important as SATs.
Original post by Maya331
I was predicted As and Bs but came out of school with

Eng lit - A
English - B
R.S - B
Science - B
Additional science - C
Maths - C
French - C
Geography - C
History - C
Drama - D

I've always been really ambitious and was thinking maybe law, but now there's no chance of that!

For my A - levels I'm doing geography, history, biology and psychology so if I do really well in these, will that outweigh not so good GCSEs? Can I still get into a top uni and have a decent career and also can you suggest any careers I should go into with my a level options?

Thank you!

They're OK - could be better, but could be a lot worse. Don't worry - as long as you have good A levels, nobody gives a damn about GCSEs. And as long as you have a good degree, nobody gives a damn about A levels.

Hell, if you have a good enough portfolio/experience, nobody even gives a damn about a degree.
Original post by beyknowles
I didn't care about GCSEs so I got average results: 5As, 5Bs and 1C. The reason for getting a C in History was because we had 3 different teachers in one year who didn't have a clue where we were at and so I just gave up when it became to stressful.

Anyway, those results got me into the best college in my area, so that's great (--:

That's not average, believe me...
Original post by HeskeyLAD
That's not average, believe me...

It is. What would you consider average?
It is. What would you consider average?

They're not average in my eyes :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by Maya331
I was predicted As and Bs but came out of school with

Eng lit - A
English - B
R.S - B
Science - B
Additional science - C
Maths - C
French - C
Geography - C
History - C
Drama - D

I've always been really ambitious and was thinking maybe law, but now there's no chance of that!

For my A - levels I'm doing geography, history, biology and psychology so if I do really well in these, will that outweigh not so good GCSEs? Can I still get into a top uni and have a decent career and also can you suggest any careers I should go into with my a level options?

Thank you!

They're not too shabby, quite average

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HeskeyLAD
They're not average in my eyes :tongue:

It seemed as if you were saying that they were below average? Not that it matters but I was just clarifying that they are most definitely nowhere near below average. To be honest, when I say 'average' I actually mean compared to what I wanted they are average. I wanted maybe 2A*s 5As and 4Bs. So compared to that my results were average haha.
It seemed as if you were saying that they were below average? Not that it matters but I was just clarifying that they are most definitely nowhere near below average. To be honest, when I say 'average' I actually mean compared to what I wanted they are average. I wanted maybe 2A*s 5As and 4Bs. So compared to that my results were average haha.

they're above average u poo

edit: That's a weird way to define 'average' lol xD
(edited 9 years ago)
Pretty much similar to mine and I've done pretty well for myself.
you need 6 A*-B grades to get into any decent colleges so I pity you

ok mate tell us yours I am dying to know!!!
Original post by Dabossi89
ok mate tell us yours I am dying to know!!!

they weren't too good I got 5As 5Bs and 1C but I'm in the best college in my area so yeahh
Reply 31
they weren't too good I got 5As 5Bs and 1C but I'm in the best college in my area so yeahh

Hahahah, yeah no one really cares bey, it's called sarcasm so gtfo
Original post by Maya331
Hahahah, yeah no one really cares bey, it's called sarcasm so gtfo

I'm intelligent enough to spot sarcasm thanks but I wanted to make the point that I got into a worthwhile college. :colondollar:
Reply 33
I'm intelligent enough to spot sarcasm thanks but I wanted to make the point that I got into a worthwhile college. :colondollar:

No one cares and no one likes awkward t*ats who like to just "make a point" :colondollar:
You really seize any opportunity to plug your grades don't you?
I'm just teasing, I do it too :biggrin:
Well I think they are amazing results, GCSEs are so hard and you have got 9 GCSEs at grade a-c, alot of teachers at my school say if you think you didn't do as well as you could at GCSE level it normally changes at A level and people sometimes do amazing at A level which I think is probably more important. I have just gone into year 11 and am so nervous for my GCSEs alot of the girls above say it is the worst school year of their lives which has freaked me out! :-/
Reply 37
Same here, lets hope we get there!
Original post by Maya331
No one cares and no one likes awkward t*ats who like to just "make a point" :colondollar:

this is a forum... are they not made for making points? :colondollar:
& I think I'll be able to cope without having friends on an online forum haha :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest