The Student Room Group

Should the Bank of England be renamed the Bank of the Union (or similar)?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by nulli tertius
Are these erroneous Americans, North Americans, South Americans or Central Americans?

I would have thought mostly U.S. Americans but probably some of the others too.
Original post by nulli tertius
Are these erroneous Americans, North Americans, South Americans or Central Americans?

:lol: Touché. :hat2:

I had a conversation with a checkout assistant in Seattle a few years ago. He muttered something that I didn't quite catch about the process and being slightly confused, I said, "sorry, I'm English". "Heh", he replied, "I'm English too". This was a working class young guy in Washington State with a strong local patois.

Mind you, it wasn't as bad as the lady in the gas station who, having asked me about my nice accent and where I was from and being told "England", asked if I had driven all the way.
Original post by Fullofsurprises

Mind you, it wasn't as bad as the lady in the gas station who, having asked me about my nice accent and where I was from and being told "England", asked if I had driven all the way.

I got into conversation with a lady in a shop in Boston Massachussetts When I told her that I had been born in Boston, Lincolnshire she was amazed that England had a Boston too. Someone who lived in Boston, New England didn't know how her city got its name!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending