The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Juan Mata
You know it's true

and somehow this is seen as a positive :biggrin:

Mate your response was laughable, first three games are irrelevant? In the grand scheme of where you could finish in the league it's definitely not. You've thrown away what should have been some straight forward points, that's a fact

No it's just me correcting someone who thinks we "haven't even been that bad".
Original post by 419
Like, you're like so totally like not funny at all.

You're losing it. Abstaining from drugs? You going through withdrawal or something?

No the complete ****ing opposite if you knew what is been up to lately ud be downright disgusted

I'm disgusted :angry:

I'll be lucky to live to 25
Reply 1602
Original post by Deshi
Abject failure is the worst, there's not a team in this world that if we lost 2-0 to I'd think "gee that was pretty decent, I'm just glad we didn't lose 4-0".

You call it realistic and in some cases it might be, but why would you even watch the match if you go in with that mentality and complete lack of belief in your team, especially in this case where I don;t think it was such a forgone conclusion

I guess as a non-Arsenal fan, you were been more positive about our chances, but it really was a forgone conclusion. Maybe too realistic for a fan but we've only beaten Villa, CP, Galatasaray and Besiktas (LUCKILY) all season- basically a bunch of nobodies. Have only kept 3 cleans sheets and our season really hasn't gone going at all with many indifference performances. That and our record vs Mourinho- I couldn't really go into the match expecting anything else. Obviously still disappointed but, there were positives in this defeat for me.

We're football fans at the end of the day. We're masochist, our teams put us through heartbreaks but we'll still support them and not have it any other way.
Original post by Deshi
Mate your response was laughable, first three games are irrelevant? In the grand scheme of where you could finish in the league it's definitely not. You've thrown away what should have been some straight forward points, that's a fact

No it's just me correcting someone who thinks we "haven't even been that bad".

Irrelevant in what they tell us about the rest of our season, obviously. In the games that we can actually take solid conclusions from we've played well overall, better than our top 4 rivals.
Yeah you'd be right had we not changed since then. But we have 3 or 4 of the same 11 playing as we did then, so those games are completely irrelevant. Nothing can be taken from them.

Still brings me back to my original point of your position in the table being kinda irrelevant when comparing it ours, I know you didn't argue about that I was just putting it out there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1605
Irrelevant in what they tell us about the rest of our season, obviously. In the games that we can actually take solid conclusions from we've played well overall, better than our top 4 rivals.

Whch games are these?

vs QPR? vs WH?
Original post by 419
Whch games are these?

vs QPR? vs WH?

Since we completed our signings, so yeah QPR, WH, Leicester, Everton.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Please don't, please. I Will happily quote you come the end of season because like I said I'm that confident.

And Wolo buddy, I did specifically say that I'm on about the Man Utd fans on twitter and irl although one or two of you lots on here are beginning to touch a nerve.

Excuses, you lost and drew matches you were supposed to win regardless of your injuries or transfer woes etc, on paper it should have still been do-able.

Bring it :colone:

But i honestly dont know why you get so annoyed so quickly. Its mostly one United fan trolling and no one else on this thread that im aware of. Besides the trolling we got when Leicester beat us, people troll Arsenal and all of a sudden its a crime.
QPR are just a disgrace.

You sure? Arsenal and Everton have had quite a few injuries, Liverpool are bedding in a few new players, Spurs are gonna Spurs, so they're irrelevant conclusions really.
Hello Arsenal friends

- Why does Wenger keep playing Ozil on the wing?
- Why does he persist with Podolski?
- Why can't your team shoot from outside the box?

Also when Walcott is back, will he be starting games? What do you class as your strongest starting 11?
Original post by Deshi
You sure? Arsenal and Everton have had quite a few injuries, Liverpool are bedding in a few new players, Spurs are gonna Spurs, so they're irrelevant conclusions really.

Hello there matey

#DareToLovren
Original post by Deshi

We've had injuries too, even in the games I'm talking about where we've mostly our first team. In fact we've had most. But with all the teams, having 8/9 of your first 11 can still tell you a lot, rather than 3/4 which shows nothing.

Liverpool yes they've had about half their team settling in and will probably improve once they do that.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Bring it :colone:

But i honestly dont know why you get so annoyed so quickly. Its mostly one United fan trolling and no one else on this thread that im aware of. Besides the trolling we got when Leicester beat us, people troll Arsenal and all of a sudden its a crime.

I get so annoyed because everyone is too quick to jump on the Anti Arsenal bandwagon. With you lots it's different, that result you got against Leicester let's face it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go all out and troll United fans. Even when we get a positive result one or two of you will always come up here chatting **** like "It's only Burnley" or "It's not the Champions League" or "You're still ****" and to be frank I'm quite tired of it.

You might say it's just a bit of banter between rivalries or that's football but there's a line that shouldn't really be crossed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hmm I like Deshi, fair guy.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zKlown
Hello there matey

#DareToLovren

K Dot done good with his new single.

We've had injuries too, even in the games I'm talking about where we've mostly our first team. In fact we've had most. But with all the teams, having 8/9 of your first 11 can still tell you a lot, rather than 3/4 which shows nothing.

Liverpool yes they've had about half their team settling in and will probably improve once they do that.

You're just arbitrarily picking results that apparently matter more then others that let you make conclusions about how you've been better then your other top 4 rivals, do you not see the point I'm making? Why don't you just extrapolate in the matches that Sturridge played for example? Because that's much more representative of how we will play.
Original post by Deshi

You're just arbitrarily picking results that apparently matter more then others that let you make conclusions about how you've been better then your other top 4 rivals, do you not see the point I'm making? Why don't you just extrapolate in the matches that Sturridge played for example? Because that's much more representative of how we will play.

Kendrick? Don't listen to him tbh... I'll have a look though.

What's your opinion on Balo?
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I get so annoyed because everyone is too quick to jump on the Anti Arsenal bandwagon. With you lots it's different, that result you got against Leicester let's face it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go all out and troll United fans. Even when we get a positive result one or two of you will always come up here chatting **** like "It's only Burnley" or "It's not the Champions League" or "You're still ****" and to be frank I'm quite tired of it.

You might say it's just a bit of banter between rivalries or that's football but there's a line that shouldn't really be crossed.

Then just ignore the trolling? Cmon LP ypu have thicker skin than that. If online trolling is getting to you then.....

Anyways, you didnt expect anything from from the Chelsea game so nothing is lost. Arsenal are the biggest flat track bullies in the league and I've already said it before; finishing above Arsenal means you finish in the top 4 :colone:. Im certain we will :tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deshi

As I said Liverpool are closer to United in that respect, not quite as much though. Even with Sturridge you only had 1 good game (Spurs) out of 4 or however many.

Most teams have had a fairly defined first team for the whole season so far, so you can take conclusions from all their games. United have only had that for the last few, for the first few it was completely different. There was a clear change in style and effectiveness when the signings came in and we switched formations.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Then just ignore the trolling? Cmon LP ypu have thicker skin than that. If online trolling is getting to you then.....

Anyways, you didnt expect anything from from the Chelsea game so nothing is lost. Arsenal are the biggest flat track bullies in the league and I've already said it before; finishing above Arsenal means you finish in the top 4 :colone:. Im certain we will :tongue:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao half compliment half dig, nicely done. Nah you should see me irl, I'm actually pretty calm it's the online fools that get me, tough virtually but irl probably not as brave.

Anyway.

Latest