The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Thanks guys! yeah I have no doubt it will be intense but hopefully the hours will be pretty similar!

would anyone know about the Welcome week? will it just be the induction/registration we will have to attend or will it be a few days out of the week? it's hard to know when to leave work
we should get an email about tgat the next few days
Did anybody get information today about the bursary from Magee ?
Original post by Derrygirl
Did anybody get information today about the bursary from Magee ?

Yeah I did, have you got your registration number yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by eimearquinn3
Yeah I did, have you got your registration number yet?

I think I got one when I submitted my application to the NISCC
Original post by Derrygirl
I think I got one when I submitted my application to the NISCC

are you using that on your bursary form? See I thought that the form we have to bring to our induction day gets sent away to NISCC and then we get it? Kind of confused
Hello guys, I use to write on this chat until I got a rejection from social work! But just writing to say that I got a place through the waiting list :smile: things do work out in the end
Original post by Fran10
Hello guys, I use to write on this chat until I got a rejection from social work! But just writing to say that I got a place through the waiting list :smile: things do work out in the end

well done fran where are you studying
Original post by Fran10

Hi Fran, that's fantastic news, well done!! Xxx
Hi guys

Does anybody know when the induction day for Belfast met is. As far as I can remember it's tomorrow but I've lost the Letter with the info on it?
When registering for NISCC, what did people put under ''are you returning to your course?" - its a yes or no answer, but since we are only beginning we surely can't be returning? im not sure if ive misinterpreted it
yeah say no as we are just starting
Hey guys,

I am starting 3 years at queens.

Ref niscc- i filled in the form online and paid, i also uploaded documents (birth cert passport) but it says they need to be verified before we can get a registered number.

Plus we need a niscc number for the bursary.

So...... I called queens and they said not to worry too much to bring all the information with us at induction and everything will be explained and we will be given help completinf forms etc.
So I guess we just have to wait and not worry too much until we start.

Looking forward to meeting all tou QUB guys soon.
Tammy x
Original post by Tammyl84
Hey guys,

I am starting 3 years at queens.

Ref niscc- i filled in the form online and paid, i also uploaded documents (birth cert passport) but it says they need to be verified before we can get a registered number.

Plus we need a niscc number for the bursary.

So...... I called queens and they said not to worry too much to bring all the information with us at induction and everything will be explained and we will be given help completinf forms etc.
So I guess we just have to wait and not worry too much until we start.

Looking forward to meeting all tou QUB guys soon.
Tammy x

Hi see you at qub! The docs don't need to be verified and if you phone niscc they will be able to give you the reg number. I had problems with the website but managed to get it sorted in the end!! All the best xx
Original post by waveydavey!
Hi see you at qub! The docs don't need to be verified and if you phone niscc they will be able to give you the reg number. I had problems with the website but managed to get it sorted in the end!! All the best xx

Aww thanks davey! Xxx
Aww thanks davey! Xxx
You are welcome. I posted the bursary forms yesterday so all good to go now. Thought I might as well get it done before welcome week as I will be busy getting my head around everything else!!
Original post by waveydavey!
You are welcome. I posted the bursary forms yesterday so all good to go now. Thought I might as well get it done before welcome week as I will be busy getting my head around everything else!!

Well I called NISCC and they were very helpful, they did say the website is running super slow. So he told me to write 'pending' on the form for bursary, as they will contact niscc anyway and they can confirm my registration.

To be honest sounds like they have been getting lots of phone calls from confused SW students!

I agree welcome week will be busy. I graduated from my first degree so long ago I am well out of the swing of things. I went to uni when you physically hand in essays wih an accompanied floppy disk copy (spot the 30 year old!) Plus I definitely spent way too much time in the pub the first time round. I suspect it will be too hard going to even dream of a pub afternoon lol!

I am so excited, thrilled to be starting this course.
Well I called NISCC and they were very helpful, they did say the website is running super slow. So he told me to write 'pending' on the form for bursary, as they will contact niscc anyway and they can confirm my registration.

To be honest sounds like they have been getting lots of phone calls from confused SW students!

I agree welcome week will be busy. I graduated from my first degree so long ago I am well out of the swing of things. I went to uni when you physically hand in essays wih an accompanied floppy disk copy (spot the 30 year old!) Plus I definitely spent way too much time in the pub the first time round. I suspect it will be too hard going to even dream of a pub afternoon lol!

Tammy you sound a lot like me,way to much partying the first time lol :smile:
Original post by Fran10

Congratulations Fran :smile:

You will be in good company because I went to uni in the 90's when there were no fees, you got grants and essays were handed in on paper and we never used computers. This digital stuff is great, much less time consuming. Also the Internet is great for info etc. We are going to have a great time, I'm so excited!!

Quick Reply

Latest