The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by waveydavey!
ahhh I can't go that day! Think my kids would have loved it too!!

I think I may go and get a feel for things, my son has quite severe autism and learning difficulties, so i dont think he could cope too well in that situation. I'll look into it though.
Hey lovlies! :biggrin:

Just filling out my burary form and it says NISCC registration number. Ive sent my NISCC application form away but don't know what to write for the registraton number on my bursary form? Any ideas? :/
Original post by Glo1989
Hey lovlies! :biggrin:

Just filling out my burary form and it says NISCC registration number. Ive sent my NISCC application form away but don't know what to write for the registraton number on my bursary form? Any ideas? :/

hey if you got your confirmation email from niscc it should have your number if not you can give them a ring
Reply 1823
Just letting everyone on the RGR route know tht the module guide is now online to download on queens online with our modules. If anyone hasnt got their queens login yet im happy to email the guide to them :smile:
I rang about registration number and they told me to just write "pending" on form, and they will sort it
Original post by mmq02
Just letting everyone on the RGR route know tht the module guide is now online to download on queens online with our modules. If anyone hasnt got their queens login yet im happy to email the guide to them :smile:

i seen that cant access all them though and the practice and learning for spring semester is under autumn semester bit confusing its from last year as well
Original post by hea0602
I rang about registration number and they told me to just write "pending" on form, and they will sort it

I did that. Posted it two days ago and received a registration number via email today (typical!) So we're in the same boat
X
I can get onto Queens mail but not Queens online.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone been doing any reading before we start?
Original post by hea0602
Has anyone been doing any reading before we start?

I bought the three books reccomended at the open day. But only managed to get through one so far (social work practice, parker and Bradley)
I've read through a good bit of the social work law book and the anti dis tinstone practise. As well as the social work and mental health book.

I've sort of been picking them up a bit here and there during the summer. They seem easy enough to get through. Easy to follow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
*discriminatory practise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know like how the social work course is divided like do we do coursework or do we just do tests does anyone know?
Original post by eimearquinn3
Does anyone know like how the social work course is divided like do we do coursework or do we just do tests does anyone know?

think its both x
Original post by khutchinson06
think its both x

I wrote some notes down that dayb we got invited in to queens.

Year one-
1 law exam
3 recorded and evaulated rollplays
6 assignments (essays)
A casestudy.

Dont quote me on that though, its just what i scribbled down. Also i have semester break downs for year one.

Sem 1. Intro to social sciences, theory skills and prep practice, law for social workers.
Sem 2. Psychology for social work, finding out about social policy, sociology for social work

Year 2.

Sem1. Practice learning (placement)
Sem 2. Social policy practice, soxial work and context, social issues across life.

Year 3.

Sem 1 sw in criminal justice and courts, sw in adult services, sw and children and families.

Sem 2. Practice learning.

Again, dont quote me. Its just my scribbles.
Original post by Tammyl84
I wrote some notes down that dayb we got invited in to queens.

Year one-
1 law exam
3 recorded and evaulated rollplays
6 assignments (essays)
A casestudy.

Dont quote me on that though, its just what i scribbled down. Also i have semester break downs for year one.

Sem 1. Intro to social sciences, theory skills and prep practice, law for social workers.
Sem 2. Psychology for social work, finding out about social policy, sociology for social work

Year 2.

Sem1. Practice learning (placement)
Sem 2. Social policy practice, soxial work and context, social issues across life.

Year 3.

Sem 1 sw in criminal justice and courts, sw in adult services, sw and children and families.

Sem 2. Practice learning.

Again, dont quote me. Its just my scribbles.

Thanks so much!
ahhh I can't go that day! Think my kids would have loved it too!!

Awww it would have been good to meet you all, there will be more family days im sure

Bernie xx
I filled in a paper copy cause site crashed. I uploaded it after logging in to the site along with a copy of my passport etc. I paid the fee online but it took ages to process it and I got 8 emails to thank me for payment. Just hope 8 sets of 20 quid aren't coming out of my account! Got registration number so ready to go x

How did you upload the paper copy online? Trying to sort mine atm 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys I've set up a closed group on Facebook for those starting at queens. QUB Social Work 2015- feel free to join :smile:
thats a really good idea nicoh will def join is it just qub social work

Quick Reply

Latest