The Student Room Group

I'm a 4 on the Kinsey Scale. Ask me anything! :)

Go go go.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's a Kinsey Scale?
Original post by Ndella
What's a Kinsey Scale?

The internet is your friend.
Original post by Ndella
What's a Kinsey Scale?

I guess it could be described as a sexuality spectrum.
Original post by floralcorally
The internet is your friend.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kinsey+scale
Reply 5
I'm a 0, who cares, it's a random number on a made-up scale that just attempts to categorize everyone even more than they are already subjected to in everyday life.
Reply 6
Original post by SleezySwallows
Go go go.

What have your past experiences with men been from childhood? Do you think sexuality is nature or nurture, or a mix of both?
Reply 7
I got a 0
I got a 2 :cool:
Original post by geoking
What have your past experiences with men been from childhood? Do you think sexuality is nature or nurture, or a mix of both?

My past experiences with men have been fine from childhood. Have a loving dad who I'm really close to and had one serious 2 year relationship with a man which ended on good terms actually.

Personally I think for me it was both. I don't like to think I was born and had no choice in the matter. I like to think that I love someone/am attracted to someone because I choose to myself not because my genes controlled it. But I'm sure genetics have some impact in sexuality.
I scored 'Chinese'. Time to re-roll.
I got a 3 :smile:
Original post by Arkasia
I'm a 0, who cares, it's a random number on a made-up scale that just attempts to categorize everyone even more than they are already subjected to in everyday life.

I like it. It's not as black and white as "Hetro" "Homo" Or "Bi". It's not a label. Like although I'm considered Bisexual because I'm attracted to both genders/sexes it suggests I'm into both equally... but I'm not.
Reply 13
Eh. 0.
Alrighty! So, when did you first realise (if there was a definite point) that you were attracted to women? Did you assume at that point you were only sexual attracted to women because we don't really talk about bisexuality a lot, then later realise you had some degree of attraction to men as well; or did you always know that was part of your sexuality?
I like it. It's not as black and white as "Hetro" "Homo" Or "Bi". It's not a label. Like although I'm considered Bisexual because I'm attracted to both genders/sexes it suggests I'm into both equally... but I'm not.

If you say so, by all means go ahead with it, but I think it is a pointless scale for people who are way too interested in adding more labels to themselves or each other. Stating you are 'bi' doesn't suggest you are into both equally, it suggests you are into both, with the expansion available for you to state that you have a preference. For example, you would say to someone 'I am Bi, but with a preference for men/women', as opposed to 'I am 4 on the Kinsey Scale', since most people have no idea what you are talking about.
I got a big fat juicy X.

How old are you?
Original post by TallerThanSmall
Alrighty! So, when did you first realise (if there was a definite point) that you were attracted to women? Did you assume at that point you were only sexual attracted to women because we don't really talk about bisexuality a lot, then later realise you had some degree of attraction to men as well; or did you always know that was part of your sexuality?

It's hard to explain really. When I was quite young I'd play dares with a friend of mine and we'd dare eachother to kiss and stuff. I don't think we realized what we were doing though tbh. I also had an older friend who moved away and when I got in contact with her through msn (so AGES ago in the MSN days) I found out she came out as lesbian and I started getting feeling of jealousy about her girlfriend.

I only kind of accepted to myself that I liked women at about 14. Before then I'd like wish the thoughts etc would stop because I thought it was wrong. But I'm totally fine and happy and content with my sexuality now and looking back lots of things make sense. I've always liked men and I've always known it. I've had a crush on at least one guy ever since primary school - that why things got confusing for me when I was jealous about my friends girlfriend :L
Original post by spanker
I got a big fat juicy X.

How old are you?

I am 18
I am 18

What do you do in your spare time?

Quick Reply

Latest