The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hey navajo, just remembered this from a while back -

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=222854&page=5

do you care to explain what cymru148 was talking about? I dont really get it. (its towards the bottom of the page)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 21
You mean "whats the difference between houses and flats"? :confused:

Ummm... the houses are like proper houses as in there's 11 of you living in a conventional house setup, ie. two top rooms and 3 middle rooms and 3 lower ground floor rooms with a kitchen at the bottom and a toilet on the 1st floor. Whereas the flats are just a building where you go in trough the front and to the right and left are two rows of rooms with a kitchen and toilet at each end.

Is that what you mean't?
Reply 22
yeah kinda.

So with the flats you walk in and there's a room either side of you.. Do each of those constitute a flat? (2 flats to a floor etc)

How does the male downstairs/female upstairs work out for the flats? Does that mean all flats are single-sex?
Reply 23
My mate was in a flat last year and there were 2 flats to each floor (I think) and 3 floors in a block... think that's right but don't hold me to it. Anyway, in her flat there were 8 girls altogether. Their rooms were opposite each other on a corridor (4 each side), at the end of the corridor was the lounge/kitchen and just before that was a shower, a full bathroom and a seperate toilet.

Bit worried after reading that other thread which said there's only one shower/toilet in a house :/
Reply 24
so does anyone know if all the flats are single sexed??

I wouldnt like a single sexed flat. If they are then obviously theres nothing we can do about it, but i'd prefer mixed.
Navajo
I always drove to the car park by uni (£1.20 all day). The bus costs a fat £1.35 to get from just the village to the Uni.

It's going up to £1.50 now...bloody Lib Dem council...they go on about student debt, but that doesnt stop them from putting the prices up on the student car park! :mad: :mad:
Reply 26
martynwilliams
It's going up to £1.50 now...bloody Lib Dem council...they go on about student debt, but that doesnt stop them from putting the prices up on the student car park! :mad: :mad:

bah humbug :frown:
Reply 27
Navajo
yeah always played football up in the tennis courts every day. Definatly take a football and rugby ball.

Also most courses have football teams.

Courses have football teams? So like, there would be an English team, a Maths team, a History team, a Physics team, etc? I've heard nothing of this...
Reply 28
wiggles
Courses have football teams? So like, there would be an English team, a Maths team, a History team, a Physics team, etc? I've heard nothing of this...

I know that Computer Science and Business have one...

Latest