The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Nightlife in Swansea University

Hey! How far would you say the Singleton park campus is from Wind Street? Is it walkable? Do students who want to go out in Wind Street live on the singleton park campus or do they have accommodation closer ?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by kellyjjones
Hey! How far would you say the Singleton park campus is from Wind Street? Is it walkable? Do students who want to go out in Wind Street live on the singleton park campus or do they have accommodation closer ?

Hi,

I asked people in the team and they have said it is a good 45min walk from Singleton to Wind Street. You will need to consider would you rather be closer to going out in Wind Street or being closer to where your lectures are, especially the ones first thing in the morning.

Hope this helps.
Del
Future Student Experience Team
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Original post by kellyjjones

Hey!

I can see our Enquiries Team have already responded to this, but I hope I can provide the student perspective 🙂

I would agree that the walk to Wind Street from Singleton is probably 45 minutes ish, depending on your route and how fast you walk, but there are regular bus services from Singleton Campus into town and back which many students use to get into town for a night out if living on Singleton. Additionally, the SU nightclub on Singleton Campus is re-opening soon, and JC's bar on Singleton Campus is also an option if you wanted to stay on site for your night.

Many students who live on Singleton Campus and Bay Campus go out on Wind Street regularly, but if you wanted to live closer to town that would be completely up to you. If you live closer to town, it would obviously be longer to commute to lectures during the week. Check out our University's Accommodation Page for more details.

Hope that helps!

Hope Henry - Third Year Graduate Entry Medicine Student and Swansea Student Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest