The Student Room Group

Computer Science applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by indieguy
Did u go to an interview?

Nope, thankfully. I didn't expect a reply from them anytime soon but all of a sudden an offer came in ^_^
Reply 81
Applied for maths and computer science

GCSE: 5A* 1A 1B 1C 1D

AS: AAAA (maths chemistry physics chinese)

AL predicted : A* maths/ AAAA in f.maths chemistry physics chinese

Applied to Oxford Imperial Manchester Edinburgh Bristol

Got an invitation to visit bristol (early december). Haven't heard from other universities tho :frown:
Reply 82
Original post by Rifleboy123
Whoop whoop I've got an offer from UCL (A*AA) :biggrin: Also Imperial does ask for an interview for their Computing degree :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Which are your predicted grades?
Anyone holding an offer from Exeter yet? :smile:
Original post by nectempus
Anyone holding an offer from Exeter yet? :smile:

Yeah I got one on wednesday
Original post by afjwholli
Yeah I got one on wednesday

What were your predicted grades?
Original post by DiaanaE
Well done! Which are your predicted grades?

GCSEs: 9A*s 2As
AS: 6As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing, Economics and Critical Thinking
Predicted A2: 4A*s (dropped Econ and Critical Thinking)

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS: 6As in Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing, Economics and Critical Thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
AS: 6Asths, Further Maths, Physics, Computing, Economics and Critical Thinking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you also have many extracurricular activities? I really want an offer from ucl but i don't know if i have a chance.
Reply 89
Whoop whoop I've got an offer from UCL (A*AA) :biggrin: Also Imperial does ask for an interview for their Computing degree :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! If I may ask, when did you send your application?
And where are you from? Uk or not?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, is anyone applying to Sheffield? :smile:
Original post by richaa_shah

Was thinking of it! Why?
Original post by lollipopsftw
Was thinking of it! Why?

I just received an email from them in regards to an interview/open day. Just wanted to see if there was anyone else :smile:
Original post by lollipopsftw
What were your predicted grades?

I do IB - 38, 666 at HL
Original post by DiaanaE
Did you also have many extracurricular activities? I really want an offer from ucl but i don't know if i have a chance.

In terms of "supercurricular" stuff to do with CompSci I mentioned two books (one very briefly), a program I'd written related to my Maths AS course using my veryyy limited knowledge of programming, an extended essay I did on Bitcoin and digital currencies (not part of Econ course), founding the school's Technology Society and attending a lecture on quantum computing. I'm not sure how much weight they put on stuff like that in relation to grades, though.

I didn't put much about extracurriculars apart from quickly talking about the sports I play, playing the drums and piano and getting some award at the House of Commons for being black (well..mixed race) and doing quite well in difficult circumstances haha :') I think most of UCL's offer were probably down to my grades though; I don't think much emphasis is put on the PS for CompSci. Then again, I might be completely wrong :P

Original post by mnay1
Congrats! If I may ask, when did you send your application?

Mine was officially sent off to UCAS on the 6th of October (though my school annoyingly pushed for me to give it to them much earlier -_-)

Original post by Dianav99
And where are you from? Uk or not?:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from London, UK :smile:
Reply 96
Does anyone know what kind of maths/logic questions are asked at interview? C3/C4???
Original post by FN510
Does anyone know what kind of maths/logic questions are asked at interview? C3/C4???

Depends on the university. I know that Oxbridge generally ask Maths questions that are just a little over A2 knowledge, but can still be done using what you know and what they tell you.

Other unis are a bit more forgiving I think :P

I would give you a link to some interview questions I found, but I don't remember where they are. I'll quote when I find them :smile:
Original post by richaa_shah
Applied and already got offer from Sheffield.
Original post by thesimplifire
Applied and already got offer from Sheffield.

When did you send it off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending