The Student Room Group

Where do you buy your parts?

I'm sure there are certain names and stores out there people use. I only know of Overclockers, so it'd be a big help to know the go-to places people use for good value and quality.

Answers:

Scan
Overclockers
Novatech
Ebuyer
Yoyotech
Amazon
Maplin
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Neverdie
I'm sure there are certain names and stores out there people use. I only know of Overclockers, so it'd be a big help to know the go-to places people use for good value and quality.

Amazon.
I bought pretty much my entire computer worth of parts from Novatech, they had a couple of very good deals on at the time and their prices were generally in line with everywhere else on the market. Scan, eBuyer and Amazon are all also good.
Amazon. Would rather have prime delivery than a slightly cheaper price.

Overclockers have like the biggest selection, downside is they tend to be expensive.

Ebuyer, Amazon, Scan, Novatech, etc
Also if you have been with ebuyer for a while, they start giving you next day delivery like forever :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Amazon/ebuyer.

Original post by Iqbal007
Overclockers have like the biggest selection, downside is they tend to be expensive.

Ebuyer, Amazon, Scan, Novatech, etc
Also if you have been with ebuyer for a while, they start giving you next day delivery like forever :s-smilie:

Ebuyer are strange. Some deliveries take them ages, and some are pretty much next day every time. It's hard to figure out when 'supersaver' means next day, and when it means '****ing ages'
Original post by samba
Amazon/ebuyer.

Ebuyer are strange. Some deliveries take them ages, and some are pretty much next day every time. It's hard to figure out when 'supersaver' means next day, and when it means '****ing ages'

Ah I know what you mean, happened with one of my products...........it may be down to if they are busy at the warehouse or not, and how they dispatch it to be honest. Some take ages because they might not even be in stock and they are awaiting it or its been over ordered or something.
I've had all my stuff from Amazon bar my GPU, because it took forever for it to be stocked on amazon and when it was the price was 30-60% higher than the RRP, overclockers had a very good service and were only about 5% over (which was pretty much the best price out there at the time).
Ebuyer and Amazon. Amazon is cheaper on literally all computer components and you get one day delivery (if you have prime) as well
Completely built up computers are always bought in Luxembourg as it is much cheaper there. This goes for laptops and desktops.

Computer parts, either Amazon or EBuyer or depending on how many just my local computer shop.
eBuyer.

When I'm building a new rig, I like all my parts to come from one place and I like their website layout. It's nice and clean.
Reply 11
Original post by Iqbal007
Scan

I just got an email about something I bought from there saying it's delayed because of a "temporary shortage of stock", with an "estimated lead date" of the 24th (I assume that's the day they expect to have stock in and send my package).

Shall I just wait? Or is this one of those dirty lies where the stock never comes (or doesn't for weeks), so I should cancel it now?
wherever pcpartpicker says is cheapest.
Reply 13
Original post by tearteto

The builds always end up expensive on there though. I paid about half the price it showed me for mine.
I just got an email about something I bought from there saying it's delayed because of a "temporary shortage of stock", with an "estimated lead date" of the 24th (I assume that's the day they expect to have stock in and send my package).

Shall I just wait? Or is this one of those dirty lies where the stock never comes (or doesn't for weeks), so I should cancel it now?

Send an enquiry or call them about it..........Scan tends to be very good with everything.

Original post by tearteto

Do not trust that site, it regularly misses out multiple places as well as the best price.
Reply 15
Overlockers is decent, there's novatech and stuff but never really been on that.
Amazon. Because of Prime.
I typically use Novatech, but Maplin are OK for the odd bits too (though I probably wouldn't go there to buy anything "big").
Scan because they're often the cheapest and I get free shipping on orders over £20.

Ebuyer is okay as well.
Reply 19
Original post by Camoxide
I get free shipping on orders over £20.

Yeah, I found this out AFTER I already bought all I needed. -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending