The Student Room Group

Year Abroad Travel Reimbursement

Hello,

I am eligible for travel reimbursement as part of my year abroad via the travel grant. I wish to buy tickets to go back home for Christmas from Philadelphia, however, they are very expensive.
Will I get reimbursed if I book a direct flight, or does it have to be one with stops if cheaper? Secondly, does the date matter, do I have to wait a few days for a cheaper price, or can I book for the day I finish my exams? Also, do I have to fly from the cheapest place, such as New York or Washington DC, or can I fly directly from Philadelphia, even if more expensive?

I can't call because I'm in the US and can't seem to get in touch with the live chat.

Thanks
Original post by Leo123123123
Hello,

I am eligible for travel reimbursement as part of my year abroad via the travel grant. I wish to buy tickets to go back home for Christmas from Philadelphia, however, they are very expensive.
Will I get reimbursed if I book a direct flight, or does it have to be one with stops if cheaper? Secondly, does the date matter, do I have to wait a few days for a cheaper price, or can I book for the day I finish my exams? Also, do I have to fly from the cheapest place, such as New York or Washington DC, or can I fly directly from Philadelphia, even if more expensive?

I can't call because I'm in the US and can't seem to get in touch with the live chat.

Thanks

Hi Leo, is your institute in Philadelphia? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Leo, is your institute in Philadelphia? Thanks, Jason

Hello, yes, the institute I am at is in Philadelphia
Original post by Leo123123123
Hello, yes, the institute I am at is in Philadelphia

Hi Leo123123123,

Great, yes it would be best to fly out from where you normally attend. The acceptable claims considered are usually the price as well as the close location to where you are attending.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending