The Student Room Group

Is a law degree from Winchester respected?

he course is relatively new (7 years) so will this put employers off?
I am also applying to Bangor , Chester (where I know of students even managing to secure pupilages!) and Portsmouth. - I know their not great but I actually like some of them and those are the ones I have grades for.
if you don't have a law degree from the top 10 universities for law, I wouldn't even bother with law.

law based jobs are extremely hard to get employed in, so having a degree from a top university makes it more worthwhile tbh.

many people I know who have graduated from 10+ universities for law have really struggled to find a job.

I'll be applying for law aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EdgarAllanPoe
he course is relatively new (7 years) so will this put employers off?
I am also applying to Bangor , Chester (where I know of students even managing to secure pupilages!) and Portsmouth. - I know their not great but I actually like some of them and those are the ones I have grades for.

Don't go to Winchester.

Traditionally the best of these universities was Bangor but it has been pretty low in the league tables for some years. It still has some decent academics. Chester is helped because a fair number of its lecturers are also lecturers at the University of Law. Although Portsmouth seems to be on the up in league tables, goodness knows why.

What are you expecting to get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending