The Student Room Group

Resignation of the Secretary General

Dear all,
It is with regret that I have to inform you that I wish to resign as Secretary General of the Model United Nations. I have been reluctant to do this but feel that it is in the best interests of the community.

My workload at arts college is significant and keeping up with everything internet wise as well as trying to run this community and develop it in the right direction will prove difficult unfortunately.

I will be asking a Section Leader from D&CA to act as Returning Officer for this election and you should be hearing from them shortly.

Thank you for all your help, support and patience with me. Its been a blast.

I'll be sticking around whilst the election takes place and still hope to be reasonably active on TSR.

With best wishes

RoryS

Sena5
QFA

TheCrackInTime
QFA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RoryS
Dear all,
It is with regret that I have to inform you that I wish to resign as Secretary General of the Model United Nations. I have been reluctant to do this but feel that it is in the best interests of the community.

My workload at arts college is significant and keeping up with everything internet wise as well as trying to run this community and develop it in the right direction will prove difficult unfortunately.

I will be asking a Section Leader from D&CA to act as Returning Officer for this election and you should be hearing from them shortly.

I'll be sticking around whilst the election takes place and still hope to be reasonably active on TSR.

With best wishes

RoryS

No worries.
I've updated my signature. How is it now?
I'm very sorry to read this, but understand completely the dilemma you faced. Good luck in the future, hopefully we can continue to build up the MUN, but my feeling is that this is coming close to its swan song sadly.
Sad to hear but I completely understand as I am in the same situation.

I fear this marks the death of the MUN
Reply 4
Original post by Republic1

I fear it already died a long time ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done for persisting in your role for so long, you did well. I agree this place is done now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

We will do our best to keep it alive! :wink:
It is a shame to see you leave. You were an exceptional deputy and have been a strong SG.

I think the election of our new SG is make or break for the forum. Having activity and purpose is crucial - at the moment we have neither.
Reply 8
Original post by toronto353
I'm very sorry to read this, but understand completely the dilemma you faced. Good luck in the future, hopefully we can continue to build up the MUN, but my feeling is that this is coming close to its swan song sadly.

Original post by Cheese_Monster
Well done for persisting in your role for so long, you did well. I agree this place is done now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your kind words!

Original post by Aph
I fear it already died a long time ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Sena5
We will do our best to keep it alive! :wink:

I do hope it doesn't die... it would be great if it continued...

A new Charter plus a lot of developments that Republic, Toronto and I worked on in the majority could bring this place back but it does need a committed leadership team to do so.
Reply 9
Original post by Birchington
It is a shame to see you leave. You were an exceptional deputy and have been a strong SG.

I think the election of our new SG is make or break for the forum. Having activity and purpose is crucial - at the moment we have neither.

Thanks Birch.

I completely agree, I hope we get many candidates which are committed to the community's development. I fear that my lack of committment over recent weeks and months hasn't helped however and will need a lot of work.
Another election will be the death knell of MUN. :nopity:
Original post by RoryS
Dear all,

With best wishes

RoryS

You have done a good job as SG.I hope you have enjoyed it despite the fact that it is somewhat of an organisational nightmare at times. The job is always an uphill struggle, but you have done a good job of keeping the community together. Well done, and good luck to you. And good luck to your successor too.
Original post by toronto353

I fear you may be right. As much as I wish it to live on and be strong, you can't force it.
Reply 13
Original post by thunder_chunky
I fear you may be right. As much as I wish it to live on and be strong, you can't force it.

Hey, I saw your TinyChat link and want to ask you for the password to update it to the MUNees.:smile:
Original post by Sena5
Hey, I saw your TinyChat link and want to ask you for the password to update it to the MUNees.:smile:

I had actually forgotten about that. I'll try and find it but I don't think the admins were happy about it at the time. I can't remember exactly but it turned into a bit of a to-do because I created it and then the admins told me I couldn't advertise it or something like that. I think had to tell the MUN masses and a few people kicked up a fuss because they wanted to do the tinychat thing. One guy even tried to go rouge and create his own tinychat. I had to tell him to wind his ****ing neck in and abide by the rules.
So yeah, I can give you the password, if I can find it, but I'm not sure if the Mods will allow it.
Reply 15
I had actually forgotten about that. I'll try and find it but I don't think the admins were happy about it at the time. I can't remember exactly but it turned into a bit of a to-do because I created it and then the admins told me I couldn't advertise it or something like that. I think had to tell the MUN masses and a few people kicked up a fuss because they wanted to do the tinychat thing. One guy even tried to go rouge and create his own tinychat. I had to tell him to wind his ****ing neck in and abide by the rules.
So yeah, I can give you the password, if I can find it, but I'm not sure if the Mods will allow it.

lol Yea I get it. But if you post the information on the thread the mods will surely take some action, definitely.
iT'S BETTER To keep it confidential through PMs:yep:
That will avoid the mods getting involved.:smile:
I will PM you now so we can chat this privately without the mods here.
Reply 16
You have done a good job as SG.I hope you have enjoyed it despite the fact that it is somewhat of an organisational nightmare at times. The job is always an uphill struggle, but you have done a good job of keeping the community together. Well done, and good luck to you. And good luck to your successor too.

Thanks very much for your kind words T_C, much appreciated. I completely get where your coming from regarding the organisation of it. It can be difficult but seemed to get in some sort of routine in the end! I hope my successor can continue the MUN despite all of your doubts... I have my doubts too but remain hopeful!

The election will be started soon hopefully by Jarred.
Original post by RoryS
Thanks very much for your kind words T_C, much appreciated. I completely get where your coming from regarding the organisation of it. It can be difficult but seemed to get in some sort of routine in the end! I hope my successor can continue the MUN despite all of your doubts... I have my doubts too but remain hopeful!

The election will be started soon hopefully by Jarred.

At times I either struggled with the admin or put it off for a few days until it mounted up. I would do the bulk of the admin on Sunday evenings and would be up till late doing it. That may partly have been due to my organisational skills though.
Reply 18
Original post by Birchington

Now the activity level is almost rising. :yep:
When can we expect the new election to start?

Latest

Trending

Trending