The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Slowbro93
Was shortlisted for a poster presentation at the conference in Canada! Didn't win but was happy to be in the top batch!

And was informed today that I won a prize for best oral presentation at a conference I did at York!

Happy Slowbro indeed :biggrin:

YAY! :king1:

Sorry to hear about the code though :hugs:
:wavey:

How’s everyone doing?
Original post by Pixsoul

How’s everyone doing?

Not too bad - actually doing PhD work for once, which makes a nice change :biggrin:

How about you? :h:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Not too bad - actually doing PhD work for once, which makes a nice change :biggrin:

How about you? :h:

Aww well done (although you’re always much busier than you think / give yourself credit for!)

I’m ok thanks. House to myself tonight so I’m just enjoying some peace and quiet and hoping it’ll give me a chance to catch up on work (translation: house to myself so I’ll probably crawl into bed early and sleep!)
Original post by Pixsoul
Aww well done (although you’re always much busier than you think / give yourself credit for!)

I’m ok thanks. House to myself tonight so I’m just enjoying some peace and quiet and hoping it’ll give me a chance to catch up on work (translation: house to myself so I’ll probably crawl into bed early and sleep!)

I'm already in bed :colondollar: :ninja: :innocent:

Had some good news today: my retrospective interruption thing has been approved! :king1: In addition to that, they've granted an extension of 20.5 weeks. So my new PhD thesis submission date is 13th February 2023! :danceboy:

Still hoping to submit by Sept 2021 latest :redface:
So I think that I've done a major **** up in terms of my code for this new scheme that I'm trying to implement for my PhD. The issue is that it's so messed up that I'm thinking of just starting again from scratch tomorrow ...
So I think that I've done a major **** up in terms of my code for this new scheme that I'm trying to implement for my PhD. The issue is that it's so messed up that I'm thinking of just starting again from scratch tomorrow ...

:jumphug:
:jumphug:

Thank you <3 Annoyingly work has been going really well tbh :laugh:
Another grilling by my supervisors, another pissed off Slowbro.

I would have been better, but I think that me having a not so good morning didn't help.

Spoiler

Spoiler

:jumpuhg: for both your posts :frown:
:jumpuhg: for both your posts :frown:

There must be more than one goat in a herd and therefore I don't see how it can be a lonely goatherd.
Original post by Melancholy
There must be more than one goat in a herd and therefore I don't see how it can be a lonely goatherd.

I refer you to my signature :wink:
I refer you to my signature :wink:

Oh.
Original post by Melancholy
Oh.

Spoiler

Hope everyone's doing OK. Not much news from this end. Seen Mamma Mia! 2 six times in the cinema (yesterday with PhD supervisor!), and another two trips planned tomorrow and day after :biggrin:

How's it going? :smile:

How's it going? :smile:

Not too bad thanks! How about you? :hugs:
Not too bad thanks! How about you? :hugs:

Getting there, lit review still ticking along, doing so much reading it's killing me but at the half way point. Decided to relist my papers so I tackle all the key papers the next couple days and use the others as references.

How's work going for you?
Getting there, lit review still ticking along, doing so much reading it's killing me but at the half way point. Decided to relist my papers so I tackle all the key papers the next couple days and use the others as references.

How's work going for you?

Ah lit reviews are an absolute killer. I was bored stiff of mine by the time I finished writing it for my upgrade. Still got some things to add to it tbh but my relationship with my lit review is basically this = :hide:

Work is going extremely slowly but it's going for once, so that's good I guess :redface:

Latest

Trending

Trending