The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anonymous
I wonder what will they become when they grow up? All those thugs who stay till 12am...chilln and smoking weed...I always think, no way they gonna become an astronaut, teacher, banker. Maybe they will work at Mcdonalds? Why do they choose such a life of thuggery? Why? WHy dont they think of their future?

There are so many factors to consider here. Namely, the rap industry; upbringing; and peer pressure. Would post in more detail, but I HAVE to go to bed!
I think this is more of a general discussion thread than an H&R thread. And why the anon?
Reply 3
matt@internet
I think this is more of a general discussion thread than an H&R thread. And why the anon?
:dito:
Anonymous
I wonder what will they become when they grow up? All those thugs who stay till 12am...chilln and smoking weed...I always think, no way they gonna become an astronaut, teacher, banker. Maybe they will work at Mcdonalds? Why do they choose such a life of thuggery? Why? WHy dont they think of their future?

I'm in my 2nd year studying Law at uni and I have an interview at Mcdonalds today
Problems at home mostly. Money problems are at the root of most of it. Sad really :frown:
Reply 6
Anonymous

Maybe they'll join the Sicilian Mafia.
Reply 7
matt@internet

Because of the thugs and gangsters that reside in his town. They're probably monitoring the internet, poised to...assassinate him or something. It's a dangerous world out there, you know.
Reply 8
Anonymous

Expect to find a severed horse head in your bed tomorrow morning.
Reply 9
BellaCat
Because of the thugs and gangsters that reside in his town. They're probably monitoring the internet, poised to...assassinate him or something. It's a dangerous world out there, you know.

Or her town.
Reply 10
When they grow up they will stay the same and still annoy me, some gangters will make much money aiiii
Reply 11
10inchpianist
Problems at home mostly. Money problems are at the root of most of it. Sad really :frown:

I know of many chavs who are not poor. It is a mindset of disrespect, and sometimes has little to do with their economic situation. Obviously in deprived areas what you said is true though. However, the mindset of disrespect probably does come about because of problems at home, as you said.

To the OP, you shouldn't fall into the trap of judging people on clothing. I used to despise any group of chavvily dressed people. Until I spoke to quite a few of them, and found most of them were fairly well spoken and intelligent, they've just chosen a different lifestyle. I think the generalisation that anyone who looks like a chav is a chav is wrong.

Chav isn't about clothing, its about state of mind, and you can't see that in someone until you know them,
tehjonny
I know of many chavs who are not poor. It is a mindset of disrespect, and sometimes has little to do with their economic situation. Obviously in deprived areas what you said is true though. However, the mindset of disrespect probably does come about because of problems at home, as you said.

I think it's deeper than that. The way i see it there's two types. The deprived type; then the rich white surburban gimp, who listened to 50 cent/eminem and now thinks hes a chav. Sure hes looks like a chav, speaks like one, and tries his best to be one, hes nowhere as close to the original.
Not everyone aspires to be something big, some are happy to settle with a life of crime. I'm not one of them, but it's saddening to see someone ruining their life.
Reply 14
10inchpianist
I think it's deeper than that. The way i see it there's two types. The deprived type; then the rich white surburban gimp, who listened to 50 cent/eminem and now thinks hes a chav. Sure hes looks like a chav, speaks like one, and tries his best to be one, hes nowhere as close to the original.

No, he is worse. These guys have chosen to emulate a fairly repugnant lifestyle to be 'cool'.

Doesn't really matter why they behave like they do, whether you are poor or not, you don't have to act like a **** to everyone :wink:.

However, just so I can have a go, I think you're wrong in implying if you are white and suburban you aren't capable of having problems. Many people in my area, which could be considered a middle class suburban haven, are heavily addicted to drugs and violence, simply because they are bored. I myself went through a two year period of drug abuse, alcohol fuelled violence and unemployment...I think I may have been a chav :frown:.
Reply 15
Plenty of people go through issues at home and financial problems, but they don't behave like this.
I think that out of the groups of teenagers on street corners some of them will grow up, realise how pointless it is, and sort themselves out.
Someo of them unfortunately won't, but it's their life, what are you supposed to do about it.
Reply 16
selbydate16
the rap industry

Don't be quick to judge.

10inchpianist
then the rich white surburban gimp, who listened to 50 cent/eminem and now thinks hes a chav.

Sorry, but thats utter crap.
10inchpianist
Yeah, but there is also the fact that genetics plays a part in peoples behaviour.
Phixx

Sorry, but thats utter crap.

What a great argument you have there...:rolleyes:

Care to explain ?
Reply 19
Firstly, can I just ask, why do people here seem to associate rap/hip hop music with charvs?

Pianist : -

10inchpianist
the rich white surburban gimp

Why only rich and white people who live in suburban area?

10inchpianist
Who listened to 50 cent/eminem

Why do assume that the rich and white people only listen to 50 Cent & Eminem?
As you did not mention black people or any other race for that matter, would I be correct in saying that you think only white "charvs" in the UK listen to Eminem & 50 Cent? Or are they the typical types of artists who you associate "charvs" with?

10inchpianist
who listened to 50 cent/eminem and now thinkshes a chav.

Again, are you saying that only "charvs" listen to the likes of 50 Cent and Eminem? Or all rap/hip hop music for that matter?

10inchpianist
Sure hes looks like a chav, speaks like one, and tries his best to be one, hes nowhere as close to the original.

Would that be because this "charv" you are stereotyping is rich, therefore he does not qualify to become an original "charv" in your books because he has?

Anyway, your post didn’t make much sense to me, maybe because I have been up since 3am, or it just is not very coherent, if it is just me, then I do apologise. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending