The Student Room Group

Manchester 2015 Dentistry applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n_elhuda
Hey no you don't they tell you what to bring, like identification and exam certificates, and they say nothing to prove manual dexterity (I assume that's what you meant by portfolio?) but yeah :smile:

Ohh okay thank you x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have any idea of any possible discussion topics that may come up this year?
Reply 22
Original post by Lau123ren
Does anybody have any idea of any possible discussion topics that may come up this year?

do you have any idea what came up last year?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zerock
do you have any idea what came up last year?

Apparently the eu has came up before!
Reply 24
Anyone applied for fondation year ?
Does anyone know how many places manchester give out after interview?
Apparently some rejections have been sent out? Is anyone still waiting? I am :frown:(?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been asked to send them my AS results as they're not certificated by my school but that's all I've heard :/
Has anyone who has had an interview heard back yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester sent out a few pdfs about the interviews with your email invite, and one of them states clearly not to contact them about when offers will be sent because they only send out offers after everybody has been interviewed (probably around April) :s-smilie:
Original post by sunshine12321
Apparently some rejections have been sent out? Is anyone still waiting? I am :frown:(?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! There's a second round of interviews in Feb/Mar time :smile: you'll hear back from them eventually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KitikatStrider
Manchester sent out a few pdfs about the interviews with your email invite, and one of them states clearly not to contact them about when offers will be sent because they only send out offers after everybody has been interviewed (probably around April) :s-smilie:

Yeah I know and I haven't contacted them but it's been known that they say that and the majority do hear around March/April but they send a few offers around Christmas time, last year a friend of mine got one on the last week before Christmas!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Lau123ren
Does anyone know how many places manchester give out after interview?

For 2014 entry, Manchester said at open days that they give out 150 offers for 75 places.
I heard they've cut down on places in dentistry courses so there'll probably not be as many offers made for 2015 entry. But it could be around double the number of places, as a rough guide.
Reply 33

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently Manchester are notorious for keeping you waiting a loooooooong time. When I applied, I had my interview in November and had 100% given up on them and then I got an offer at the very very end of March. If you don't hear before Christmas (very few do, and if they do, they are told not to put it on TSR etc.) then just try to forget about Manchester for 3 months.
Original post by Lanfan
Apparently Manchester are notorious for keeping you waiting a loooooooong time. When I applied, I had my interview in November and had 100% given up on them and then I got an offer at the very very end of March. If you don't hear before Christmas (very few do, and if they do, they are told not to put it on TSR etc.) then just try to forget about Manchester for 3 months.

Okay thank you very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lanfan

Do you know roughly how many usually hear before xmas? and when do they hear?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by ShivanjaliNP
Do you know roughly how many usually hear before xmas? and when they hear?

How many hear: Last year at the interviews I was told there'd be 60 offers given out before Christmas. I THINK. Only about 60% sure on that figure, my memory is rubbish
When do they hear: Ummm before Christmas??!? I don't know if people get rejections before Christmas though.
Original post by Lanfan
How many hear: Last year at the interviews I was told there'd be 60 offers given out before Christmas. I THINK. Only about 60% sure on that figure, my memory is rubbish
When do they hear: Ummm before Christmas??!? I don't know if people get rejections before Christmas though.

Ok thank you :smile: sorry I meant when do they hear as in beginning of december/week we break up from school, etc? :smile:
how were the interviews in general? Not specifics but like was it friendly or intense lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Has anyone heard back from manchester post interview yet?

Quick Reply

Latest