The Student Room Group

Computer Science A2 Project PHP/Python/CSS/Javascript/HTML

Long title, I confess. Aimed at attracting anyone who has knowledge in these fields.

Basically, I'm looking for a LOCALHOST webserver that will interpret PHP but also let me call Python scripts. Browsers automatically support HTML, JavaScript and CSS so this isn't really a problem.

This is really killing me at the moment. I have an apache WAMP server setup and the stupid thing won't interpret Python no matter what I do. Any help guys?

Somebody suggested scrapping PHP entirely on a teachers forum as it only acts as a thin web interface and use a minimalistic web framework in python called Flask, but it would be so much easier to have my localhosted webserver interpret both.

Turns out Python has a webbrowser library which can do virtually nothing lol (About 5 commands).
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
http://cloud9.com
Maybe use a cloud IDE? It's free.
Original post by El-Presidente
Long title, I confess. Aimed at attracting anyone who has knowledge in these fields.

Basically, I'm looking for a LOCALHOST webserver that will interpret PHP but also let me call Python scripts. Browsers automatically support HTML, JavaScript and CSS so this isn't really a problem.

This is really killing me at the moment. I have an apache WAMP server setup and the stupid thing won't interpret Python no matter what I do. Any help guys?

Somebody suggested scrapping PHP entirely on a teachers forum as it only acts as a thin web interface and use a minimalistic web framework in python called Flask, but it would be so much easier to have my localhosted webserver interpret both.

Turns out Python has a webbrowser library which can do virtually nothing lol (About 5 commands).

Why do you need Python? Why can't you write what you need in Javascript?
Reply 4
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Why do you need Python? Why can't you write what you need in Javascript?

It' ok now I managed to reconfigure my server to do python too. Ty!

JavaScript is client side and insecure/useless. Python, is server side so It can be used safely.
Reply 5

JavaScript is client side and insecure/useless. Python, is server side so It can be used safely.

Woaaaah, Javascript can be server side : Node.js?
Original post by ispiked
Woaaaah, Javascript can be server side : Node.js?

Yes.

Doing some kind of website for a A level project is a big risk. I would just stick to some simple Android App. Do it in Javascript and HTML.
Reply 8
Original post by illegaltobepoor
Yes.

Yes.

Hi El-Presidente,
which kind of error you are face. let send me screen shot of this error. then i will give you any suggestion .
me waiting your reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending