The Student Room Group

Majoring in Politics? What can i do with it after? (St Andrews)?

How can i work in business and/or marketing? I really don't want to be a Politician. I just want a nice job where i can get good money. But is it hard to get a job with this degree?
Government and Advocacy Jobs pays well? Hard to get a job in this field?
Should i do Postgraduate study after? What kind? :confused:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
You would have been better off doing a business/marketing degree but social science degrees are more about the transferable skills than entering into a specific career so you just look for entry level or graduate scheme jobs in an area that interests you. To be competitive you'll need some sort of work experience, the more relevant the better. You might need to volunteer to get more relevant experience at first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending