The Student Room Group

Arsenal are the most boring team in the league.

Everything from their style of play to their lack of ambition just bores the heck out of me. In all honesty their defensive possession football last season was boring as heck too, never have a team put me to sleep more times than Arsenal in the last year or two. United, Southampton and even Liverpool are more entertaining. I really hope you guys don't make the top 4 this year, not hating, just think it's time for a change.

So, yh, COME ON YOU SAINTS and yh, er, Glory, Glory Ma...(can't bring myself to type that).

P.S. Immer fur dich da Borussia :biggrin: (not really but you get the context).

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trrr
Everything from their style of play to their lack of ambition just bores the heck out of me. In all honesty their defensive possession football last season was boring as heck too, never have a team put me to sleep more times than Arsenal in the last year or two. United, Southampton and even Liverpool are more entertaining. I really hope you guys don't make the top 4 this year, not hating, just think it's time for a change.

So, yh, COME ON YOU SAINTS and yh, er, Glory, Glory Ma...(can't bring myself to type that).

P.S. Immer fur dich da Borussia :biggrin: (not really but you get the context).

Agreed they are boring. Wishing small clubs like everton, soton and liverpool to be in Europe isn't the answer though because they either crash out in the 4th round qualifiers or simply disappoint like liverpool there's more comedic value in watching arsenal get smashed in the last 16
True I can't wait for them to get Real Madrid in the round of 16 this season.

Or Atlético Madrid to thrash them. That would be so tasty.
It'll be funnier if they drew someone like Leverkusen or Porto, their fans will get hyped up and they'll still lose the game.
Glorifies BVB, an authentic, proper old school club built over the centuries from the bottom up.

Supports Chelski

A'wight

---

Absolutely love the chip that Chelsea fans have on their shoulder about Arsenal, even when we're ****. Screams of nouveau riche
Original post by Zürich
Glorifies BVB, an authentic, proper old school club built over the centuries from the bottom up.

Supports Chelski

A'wight

---

Absolutely love the chip that Chelsea fans have on their shoulder about Arsenal, even when we're ****. Screams of nouveau riche

Supports a team who literally bought their way into the top tier of English football.

Slates fans of Chelsea for 'buying their success'.
Original post by Zürich

Supports Chelski

A'wight

---

the same one that arsenal have fans have on tottenham yh, even though they've always been ****

inb4 but it's a classic north landan derby, chelsea have none of dis
Rentboys down the pub: ''we're definitely the biggest team in London and that, got the Champions League and that, definitely mate, dont matter that we was **** before that Russian geezer bought us. Definitely ''

Arsenal fans just exchange knowing looks and do that smirk thing when that conversation comes up.

Cesc knows
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
the same one that arsenal have fans have on tottenham yh, even though they've always been ****

inb4 but it's a classic north landan derby, chelsea have none of dis

It's funny because Chelsea - Arsenal means so much more to them than it does to us.
Lol Zurich can't take the fact that the club has no ambition whatsoever.
To be fair to him all that dope he's been smoking with his postgrad brah's in Berlin and those stunning German blonde's he's been chatting up in dirty pubs near the Emirates have to affect his perception of what's reality.
Without doubt. Arsenal are lacking, both in innovation and leadership. But the premier league ain't the same as it used to be. They need an overhaul me thinks.
Original post by The Shed End
To be fair to him all that dope he's been smoking with his postgrad brah's in Berlin and those stunning German blonde's he's been chatting up in dirty pubs near the Emirates have to affect his perception of what's reality.

Scottish redheads remember that.
Arsenal aren't the most boring, we are.

Original post by Zürich
Rentboys down the pub: ''we're definitely the biggest team in London and that, got the Champions League and that, definitely mate, dont matter that we was **** before that Russian geezer bought us. Definitely ''

The real London clubs are Tottenham and Arsenal. I reckon the majority outside of London will say the same thing.

Traditionally part of the big six.
Lol Villa are the most irrelevant team in this discussion they're not even a premier league team they're a fraudulent Championship side.
Original post by jam277
Lol Villa are the most irrelevant team in this discussion they're not even a premier league team they're a fraudulent Championship side.

The thread title says 'in the league'. Villa are a Premier League club and thus relevant to this discussion, that's a fact.
Id have to disagree with that..

Im gonna have to say that my own team Liverpool, are currently the most boring in the League.

How could you say Arsenal?
#RodgersOUT
Original post by Wilfred Little
The thread title says 'in the league'. Villa are a Premier League club and thus relevant to this discussion, that's a fact.

Paul Lambert and all the people down villa park need to get done for identity theft
Have to love how it's only the fans of teams who used to be big decade(s) ago that say clubs like Chelsea, City, PSG aren't big. Any realistic and at least half knowledge-able fan would acknowledge they are now big teams, Chelsea being far bigger than City though. At least we were at least doing well for a good 7-8 years winning domestic and European trophies before we were taken over. City were the personification of mid-table mediocrity. They lost the last game before they were taken over 8-1 to Middlesborough.

If it were up to fans like Zurich, and to a lesser extent Wilf, the current top six would be United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa, Nottingham Forest and Leeds.

Times change, football changes. They make it sound like Chelsea were the first team to break any major transfer barrier, which we're not bar Shevchenko. lmao at the fact Zurich even accept we're so much more self-sustainable now either.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

Arsenal fans just exchange knowing looks and do that smirk thing when that conversation comes up.

Cesc knows

Come on, Chelsea were a decent team before Abramovich bought them. Unlike City who were potential relegation candidates before being bought.

Latest