The Student Room Group

Help! I want to drop an AS level

I am currently doing 4AS levels at sixth form but the work is too much (I also have a job) and I'm underachieving. If I dropped out of my 4th AS level now, will I still be able to get into an okay university without an extra AS?

I just think that it would be best to focus on the three subjects that are most important to me and i could hopefully come out with better grades in those three.
Help me decide please :smile:
Thanks.
Original post by tsrbeginn
I am currently doing 4AS levels at sixth form but the work is too much (I also have a job) and I'm underachieving. If I dropped out of my 4th AS level now, will I still be able to get into an okay university without an extra AS?

I just think that it would be best to focus on the three subjects that are most important to me and i could hopefully come out with better grades in those three.
Help me decide please :smile:
Thanks.

Ask your school. They might let you, they might not. If you put the work in, your grades will go up. Don't let your job take over your life. Top universities may wonder why you dropped it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only a handful of universities require 4 AS, but if you don't do as well as expected in one subject's exam then you will be in a very tricky situation next year.

I would personally reconsider how many hours you're working. School should always be top priority, and if your ability at school is affected by work then you really need to think about your working hours.

And many people struggle at the start of AS with the workload. How about sticking with it for a bit longer?

Quick Reply

Latest