The Student Room Group

Should i take the GMAT?

Hi all!

I am about to apply @ four Universities (Bradford, Durham, Aston and Bath) for the MSc Finance programme.
I come from Greece with 3 years administrative working experience in Finance department of a multinational corporation and holding a BBA degree from a Greek University.
However, all the aforementioned Universities require a Bachelor degree with a score of 6.5/10, while mine is 6.22/10.

In order to strengthen my application, I am thinking of taking a GMAT test, aiming a score of 650 & upwards.

Do you believe that I have to take that test (taking into account the cost -not only for the test itself but mainly for books etc.- and effort, plus the delay of completing my application for at least to months), or you think that my working experience can surpass any obstacle that my lower degree score may put to my appication?

Lastly, what's your opinion about those Universities? My priority is Durham, but what do you think of the rest?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey, just giving this thread a bump :bump: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help you get more responses. :yy:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending