Do you advise I drop AS biology? Watch

Hexaneandheels
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello! I'm an external student. I did AS levels in chemistry and physics and at the moment I'm working towards exams in A2 chemistry, A2 physics and both AS and 2 A 2 maths(doing full a level in one year). I added AS biology on, hurst because I thought it would look good, but I'm finding I spend most of my time on the other three and I'm wondering whether AS biology will just take my time and better grades away from the other three subjects. I was just shy of an A in chemistry and physics at AS so I really want to get am A this time. I've done some mocks for maths and I have had 90%, for core 1, 90% mechanics 1 and 87% for core 2. Currently working on core 3 and mechanics 2.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Awais117
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hexaneandheels)
Hello! I'm an external student. I did AS levels in chemistry and physics and at the moment I'm working towards exams in A2 chemistry, A2 physics and both AS and 2 A 2 maths(doing full a level in one year). I added AS biology on, hurst because I thought it would look good, but I'm finding I spend most of my time on the other three and I'm wondering whether AS biology will just take my time and better grades away from the other three subjects. I was just shy of an A in chemistry and physics at AS so I really want to get am A this time. I've done some mocks for maths and I have had 90%, for core 1, 90% mechanics 1 and 87% for core 2. Currently working on core 3 and mechanics 2.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Depends on what you wanna do some top unis and courses like medicine etc. would want 4 AS levels but the fourth at like a B or C most of the time.
Hexaneandheels
Rep:
?
I did A level biology and got a D in it ten years ago, not sure whether that could count, also AS law but it was a grade D also. I'm wondering whether 1 A* and 2As will be enough to get me into a good uni?
Awais117
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did A level biology and got a D in it ten years ago, not sure whether that could count, also AS law but it was a grade D also. I'm wondering whether 1 A* and 2As will be enough to get me into a good uni?
10 years ago wut thats commitment!? anyway those count but arnt good enough for a forth AS and 1 A* and 2 A's will get you into top unis i think you should do AS bio and just aim for a C
Hexaneandheels
Rep:
?
Yes ten years ago! I'm external student wanting to go to uni

(Original post by Awais117)
10 years ago wut? anyway those count but arnt good enough for a forth AS and 1 A* and 2 A's will get you into top unis i think you should do AS bio and just aim for a C
Awais117
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes ten years ago! I'm external student wanting to go to uni
im guessing you'll have around 10-12 exams so I would focus on the others until you understand everything then go onto bio so it doesn't affect the others or you could always spread out your revision for all your exams so you perform well in all of them when do you plan to start to revise?
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What course do you want to go in to?

Assuming Biology isn't at all relevant to your course, A*AA is more than enough for most universities.
Hexaneandheels
Rep:
?
I'm starting now! How about you?

(Original post by Awais117)
im guessing you'll have around 10-12 exams so I would focus on the others until you understand everything then go onto bio so it doesn't affect the others or you could always spread out your revision for all your exams so you perform well in all of them when do you plan to start to revise?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (24)
42.86%
Pro-humanity (32)
57.14%