The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
TheWolf
yea it is but the more you have surely the easier the exam will be?

yea thats what i thought u cnt b sure what questions u cud b asked surely u gotta cover all eventualities but 100 thats a bit over board
TheWolf
yea it is but the more you have surely the easier the exam will be?

Yes, after 90 minutes you will have only done half the paper as you would have wasted so much time in finding the exact location of the section required in your documentation to answer that question.
Reply 22
Goldfish_Wins
Yes, after 90 minutes you will have only done half the paper as you would have wasted so much time in finding the exact location of the section required in your documentation to answer that question.

do some sort of contents page- you should be ok
TheWolf
do some sort of contents page- you should be ok

With a 100 pages, time will still be wasted searching through.
I used a structure similar to GCSE IT write-ups,

Analsis
Design
Implementation
Testing Plan
Testing
Evaluation

My source code takes up about 50 pages alone, and thats not including all of it just the parts i think ill need hehe :smile: As i said just use the AQA sylibus to help.

And no, im not giving out any of my doc. if you want help ask and ill help
Soul Reaver
I used a structure similar to GCSE IT write-ups,

Analsis
Design
Implementation
Testing Plan
Testing
Evaluation

My source code takes up about 50 pages alone, and thats not including all of it just the parts i think ill need hehe :smile: As i said just use the AQA sylibus to help.

And no, im not giving out any of my doc. if you want help ask and ill help

No offense, but its sill yo do 100 pages of documentation when your coursework isn't even marked fully.
its not over board i dont think at all, conciderin what source ive left out! but yeh i do have a index for every procedure so ill find it in seconds :smile:
Soul Reaver
its not over board i dont think at all, conciderin what source ive left out! but yeh i do have a index for every procedure so ill find it in seconds :smile:

We were advised (by AQA) to do 20-30 pages.
Reply 28
Soul Reaver

make sure u contents page is well detailed mine is and i got a test paper for tods tyres and i found it easy 2 find the answers cause it was so detailed the detailes the better and the laytout of the whole documentaion sud b really really done soooooo well it makes all the difference
so what if ive dun 100 pages - i know a lad in my class hus done around 130! does it reli matter? ive just looked at the sylibus and wrote what i could. it only took me 2days to do so im not that botherd - not like ive spent ages on it
yeh mine is well detailed - used words "index and tables" thing to make one automatically :smile:
Reply 31
yeah sure it prob includes aload of screen dumps.........good on ya being able 2 make it that length so detailed etc if u dnt get ur A then ill b well shocked good on ya
Reply 32
Goldfish_Wins
We were advised (by AQA) to do 20-30 pages.

Dude. For programmed solutions, our source code weighs in about 86 pages alone. 100 pages is NOT stupid by ANY means. And with a well managed contents, and an idea of where you are going, you'll be flying to the pages within seconds.
thanks - i think your the only one hu hasnt said im a fool for writin that much. yeh the file alone is over 20megs cos of so many paint drawn designs and Er diagrams and dumps :smile: has anyone else used delphi pascal to do theirs with
Understate
Dude. For programmed solutions, our source code weighs in about 86 pages alone. 100 pages is NOT stupid by ANY means. And with a well managed contents, and an idea of where you are going, you'll be flying to the pages within seconds.

We were advised to do 20-30 pages. Bringing 100+ pages into a 90 minute exam is just pointless.
and why is that
Reply 36
yeah hows it pointless least they have more chance of doin well in the exam least they r deff they have included everything!!!!!! give em a break jus cause urs aint as long
Clairekx
yeah hows it pointless least they have more chance of doin well in the exam least they r deff they have included everything!!!!!! give em a break jus cause urs aint as long

I'm not being mean, I'm just advising them that it is a 90 minute exam and that they don't go through every section of the coursework, just parts relevant and used for the exam.
Reply 38
Goldfish_Wins
We were advised to do 20-30 pages. Bringing 100+ pages into a 90 minute exam is just pointless.

What percentage of that 20-30 pages is source code?

I assume you're using the Access solution, yes?

I'd like to see someone defy me saying they have a high level language programmed solution of Tods Tyres with the source alone less than 30 pages.
Soul Reaver
and why is that

Because the whole coursework doesn't get marked.

Latest

Trending

Trending