The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Offer from Fitzwilliam for NatSci! Have to get A*A*AA in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths respectively, so by no means a walk in the park. Kind of don't know how to feel, I was so sure it was going to be a rejection (the Chemistry interviewer hated my guts, haha :tongue:) - maybe I'm still dreaming?! The letter was really thin. :colondollar:

Congratulations to all those who have received offers so far, and commiserations to all those who didn't. It's a lottery just to get in and I'm sure you'll all be fabulous wherever you end up. :smile:

Anyone else heard from Fitz for NatSci?
Reply 2861
Just a 'serving suggestion':

If you are wanting to check whether people have heard from a particular college or for a specific subject, trying using the 'thread search' function first - you are likely to get a quicker answer, especially as this thread is moving so fast that your post might get missed anyway! There's a link to the spreadsheet summarising what we know about college email policies in the OP.

Commiserations to those who have been unsuccessful; I know it's really disappointing after all the hard work and hope. However, the investment you made in the application won't have been wasted; it will pay dividends for you in all sorts of other ways, and wherever you land up you will do well.

Congratulations to everyone who has had good news this morning :smile:
Original post by drowninginsound
Offer from Fitzwilliam for NatSci! Have to get A*A*AA in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths respectively, so by no means a walk in the park. Kind of don't know how to feel, I was so sure it was going to be a rejection (the Chemistry interviewer hated my guts, haha :tongue:) - maybe I'm still dreaming?! The letter was really thin. :colondollar:

Congratulations to all those who have received offers so far, and commiserations to all those who didn't. It's a lottery just to get in and I'm sure you'll all be fabulous wherever you end up. :smile:

Anyone else heard from Fitz for NatSci?

They specified physics and chem? Oooh

I knew you could do it :biggrin:

Well done
Original post by DomStaff
This is what the offer says...

I'm sad to say its impossible to get 1 and 1 in a singular exam and so it's probably a typo...
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Grades 1 and 1

So probably step ii/iii as well, like whichever

I wondered that, but wasn't sure!
Offer for English at Newnham! I can confirm to any doubters that offers can come in tiny, scary envelopes :biggrin:
Does Homerton send e-mails? I'm overseas, and I applied for natsci.
Original post by Goods
I'm sad to say its impossible to get 1 and 1 in a singular exam and so it's probably a typo...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Ah. I thought I had an easier offer then. So annoying ahha!
Any Sidney applicants here heard back?
Got pooled for Bio Natsci by Downing, and I have an offer apparently but idk where from yet :colone: or what it is.

Mixture of annoyance (more waiting and uncertainty ugh) and happiness (I have a Cambridge offer!).

The first paragraph of the letter they sent was basically a rejection letter (which was not fun) but then there was a happy plot twist at the end.
Original post by bethanyyyy
Got pooled for Bio Natsci by Downing, and I have an offer apparently but idk where from yet :colone: or what it is.

Mixture of annoyance (more waiting and uncertainty ugh) and happiness (I have a Cambridge offer!).

The first paragraph of the letter they sent was basically a rejection letter (which was not fun) but then there was a happy plot twist at the end.

What the actual ****.

Well done though :yy:
Rejected (after pooling apparently) from Queens HSPS !!!
A rejection due to my sheer perfection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received my offer for history at Homerton college A* AA :biggrin: I am over the moon
Been pooled by Emmanuel for maths (with physics) and apparently that means I've got an offer? So happy but I just want to know which college!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessb_3125
Ohh are you Russian? I met a Russian Maths/Physics person in the common room!!
I am expecting my decision in the post today...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good guess, you're right! You certainly deserve a place :biggrin:
I clearly remember u.
in the post? I hoped they notify candidates via email. I am faraway from home, going downhill skiing, so I wont receive any posts in the next 2 days...omg, is there any chance they could respond in the email?
Original post by KnittyKitty
Subject: ​French and Arabic
College: Emmanuel
Outcome (and conditions): Offer A*A A
How did you hear? (email/letter/phone/owl): letter (my postman is now my new favourite person :wink: )
How do you feel? Sheer, unadulterated relief. I expect I'll be quite happy later, once the shock has worn off!!

Name: Kitty
Country / hometown: Hampshire, UK

Ahhh another Emma offer!!
Original post by alittlebitpurdy
Just received my offer for history at Homerton college A* AA :biggrin: I am over the moon

Was it by e-mail?
Reply 2877
Original post by Econ95
Congratulations!!! Did they send you an email or letter?

Thank you!!!
by email, they responded an hour after I requested an email!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HepThMathPhys
Was it by e-mail?

No it was via post
While I wait for my rejection, I want to know. What did you accepted guys think of your interviews?

Latest

Trending

Trending