The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nostr
Going to call them anyway

Don't call. They will not discuss decisions on the phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fiharringtonbow
lol jk jk

ROFL

Not.
:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1822
Original post by jneill
Don't call. They will not discuss decisions on the phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend who applied to Oxford got his decision by phone. He was travelling when the sent they posts so he had no way of knowing, so he called them.
Original post by Nostr
Good luck.

General question. Should I call them up and ask about if I got in?

I called my college actually. And they said to wait for the letter
Original post by zordman
Is anyone which has applied to Jesus College able to log into Jnet?
Thanks.

I can't, think it's only for interviews
Original post by Nostr
Going to call them anyway

why waste your time and theirs? less pointless calls means they can do their admin more quickly and email decisions earlier...
Original post by Nostr
My friend who applied to Oxford got his decision by phone. He was travelling when the sent they posts so he had no way of knowing, so he called them.

a) Cambridge is not Oxford :wink:
b) They definitely will not tell you today. Earliest would be Monday.
Good luck!
Reply 1827
Original post by Goods
why waste your time and theirs? less pointless calls means they can do their admin more quickly and email decisions earlier...

Might as well be evil and delay every one >:biggrin:
Original post by jr2015
You can got financial aid...
i have applied to top ivied and have got one...

And what percent of the fees does the financial aid covers?
Original post by paradoxicalme
I'm applying for English too! Which college? :smile:
Emmanuel! I have no chance of getting in haha but applying was a good experience
Original post by EHZ17
Haha yeah, it's always played at Chelsea when I go and I do love a bit of ska

Posted from TSR Mobile

chelsea.... r u srs? tbf you'll win the prem
Reply 1831
Original post by ianna.andreea
And what percent of the fees does the financial aid covers?

It depends on your household income but you can get upto 100%
Hi guys
Does any one know whether they enter the decision on UCAS or not? Do u know when?
Reply 1833
Original post by maryamsila
Hi guys
Does any one know whether they enter the decision on UCAS or not? Do u know when?

Yes, but you will probably hear back from Cambridge before you hear from UCAS.
And I will get their answer no sooner than Monday via email right?
Original post by JustHoping
Hi! I applied for Geography at Christ college, but I thought that the letters would be emailed automatically. Is it too late to email them and ask whether or not I have been accepted or rejected? The wait is killing me!

Correction: Christ's are one of those emailing 12th.

Also: I have found the following re email decisions. If anyone has confirmed info on other colleges please post it for everyone's benefit

Cambridge Applicants - Decision Day 2015
Decision letters are sent to all applicants by First Class post on 9th January.
Most (est. 93%) will arrive at UK addresses on Saturday 10th.
Do not call colleges about decisions - results will not be given over the phone.
Below is a list of colleges with published or otherwise known methods of sending decisions by email.
Other colleges may also be emailing if you know one not on the list please mention me and I’ll add the info.

Christ’s College
Decision letters will be posted 9th January
Copies will be emailed to all applicants on 12th January

Downing College
"Decision letters will be posted first class (9th January). Applicants with non-UK mailing addresses will also be emailed on Saturday (12th)."
They have also added that if you want to be emailed you should contact [email protected]

Emmanuel College
https://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/applying/timeline/ -
Friday 9 January: Offer letters posted to applicants.
By 5:00pm on Saturday 10 January: All decisions (offer, pool and unsuccessful) will be emailed to applicants.

King’s College
http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applicant-information.html
We will post decision letters to all applicants who had interviews in Cambridge, overseas interview candidates, and affiliated applicants on Friday 9 January (this is a university-wide posting date). We will then email the text of decision letters to all applicants on Monday 12 January (you do not need to request this). Please note that this will take us all day - you will not necessarily hear from us in the morning.

Peterhouse
@Peterhouse_SLO
Today is posting day for #admissions decisions. Applicants with non-UK addresses will be emailed on Monday

Queens’ College
https://www.facebook.com/queenscollegeadmissions
Decision letters going in the post Friday so earliest they'll arrive is Saturday!
International applicants: e-mail on Mon to get yours

Robinson College
(as per confirmation email)
“International students the outcome of their application by email after the pool closes. The others would be sent by post I believe.”

St John’s College
“I can advise that no email notifications will be sent out until Monday 12 January 2015.”
Though this is only for international applicants.

Trinity College
https://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/applicant-information
Decision letters will be posted to all applicants on Friday 9 January 2015 (University-wide posting date). We will also email the outcome to all applicants on Saturday 10 January 2015. We are unable to give any decisions over the telephone. UCAS Track will only update once the central Cambridge Admissions Office has given the decisions to UCAS (they will do this by the end of January).

Trinity Hall
“On Monday 12 January, I will email all candidates to let them know the final outcome of their application. I shall assume that you are happy to receive the news via email; however, if you would prefer receive the news by post instead, please let me know (though obviously a letter will take longer to arrive)”

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by maryamsila
And I will get their answer no sooner than Monday via email right?

Depends on the college. Some are emailing on Saturday.
We definitely don't find out today?
Original post by Arcanely
We definitely don't find out today?

Correct
Thank u for making me clear!
Do u know the date for St. John's ?

Latest

Trending

Trending