The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hell Boy
Then Physics is just Applied Maths, therefore not a real science in its own right. :s-smilie:.

Anyway, i take it you are saying anything studied at the Atomic/Molecular level involves Chemistry? and you are right because Biology does overlap Chemistry in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics.

Yet, what does a Chemist know about Medicine *do Chemists know the physiology, anatomy of all Animals and Human beings?* What does a Chemist know about drugs & pharmacology? And, anthropology, the branch of biology which studies human beings?

Can a Chemist explain birth, growth, aging, death and decay? What does a Chemist know about lactation, metamorphosis, egg-hatching, healing, and tropism? and all the extraordinary stuff in Biology.

Hell, does a Chemist know what i mean by Albumen? :rofl:

O rly.... Do Chemists study animals, Zoology, the most fascinating thing in all of Science! :p:

I think biggest generalisation ever! :wink:

You do realise chemistry is the foundation of biology.
Reply 41
celeritas
You do realise chemistry is the foundation of biology.

Read my post again...
Reply 42
I do AS Physics and Chemistry. I got sick of biology at gcse, although it was the easiest science imo at gcse because it was just a lot of fact learning. Its a tough choice between physics and chemistry, but i enjoy physics more. Because its a more fundemental science describing the way which the world works, also enjoy it more because im more of mathematical person. Although i personally find chemistry easier, i still enjoy physics more.
Sir Teacup
I do AS Physics and Chemistry. I got sick of biology at gcse, although it was the easiest science imo at gcse because it was just a lot of fact learning. Its a tough choice between physics and chemistry, but i enjoy physics more. Because its a more fundemental science describing the way which the world works, also enjoy it more because im more of mathematical person. Although i personally find chemistry easier, i still enjoy physics more.

Sounds just like me! High 5 :biggrin:
Reply 44
Hell Boy
Then Physics is just Applied Maths, therefore not a real science in its own right. :s-smilie:.

Anyway, i take it you are saying anything studied at the Atomic/Molecular level involves Chemistry? and you are right because Biology does overlap Chemistry in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics.

Yet, what does a Chemist know about Medicine *do Chemists know the physiology, anatomy of all Animals and Human beings?* What does a Chemist know about drugs & pharmacology? And, anthropology, the branch of biology which studies human beings?

Can a Chemist explain birth, growth, aging, death and decay? What does a Chemist know about lactation, metamorphosis, egg-hatching, healing, and tropism? and all the extraordinary stuff in Biology.

Hell, does a Chemist know what i mean by Albumen? :rofl:

O rly.... Do Chemists study animals, Zoology, the most fascinating thing in all of Science! :p:

I think biggest generalisation ever! :wink:

Here here!!!
Zoology rules!

I hate it how people think biology isn't a science.. uh well what is it then? :rolleyes:
Reply 45
Physics ftw!! :biggrin:

Why? For no other reason than it is just plain cool :cool:
I voted Chemistry becuase it's highly regarded, very useful, not boring like biology is. Physics is ok but i enjoy chemistry since im studying it.
Reply 47
I like Medicine! Where is the option for that? :smile:

Neways i can't decide between chemistry/biology... i go with Biology.
Reply 48
Abra
I like Medicine! Where is the option for that? :smile:

Neways i can't decide between chemistry/biology... i go with Biology.

Medicine would be a combination of all three I guess. But the poll was posted in the section aimed primarily at GCSE/A level...and there is no GCSE or A level in Medicine, so I doubt many people looking at this poll will have experienced studying medicine yet :p: :smile:
Biology
Reply 50
im doin all sciences- physics is challenging, therefore interestin... and i find it the most interestin of all.
Reply 51
I choose physics here. ( since it is the least... )
However, i love " nature science " which included mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology as well for my own personally view. Then i do like to comprehends those philosophy about them.
Reply 52
Hell Boy

Well, i would like to correct it something which there is not a right sense to said physics and maths are not science.
We should however not only too love for particular subject and discriminating others.
While the true meaning of science is:
The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena.
where it also have social science which study human behavior and societies.
Besides, despite we argue about whether biology based on chemistry or physics based on mathematics... in my opinion, nature science is nature science which those subjects is dependent each other to form a world that we are living on.
So, i love nature science which i will love them equally while also hate them equally(if only).
Ive taken Chemistry and Biology. I took biology over physics becuase 'people' told me too. That was to my peril. I love the idea of physics and regret not taking it. Biology is by far the most boring, backward and unimaginitive thing i've ever experienced. Chemistry i like alot, physics i wish i would have taken.

So now im doomed to a year of Biology at AS :frown: maybe ill take a physics AS next year, But then how would i accomplish physcis A2?
Reply 54
Biology I study Ecology and love learning about how it all works, that dosnt mean I dont like the other 2 (studied both at Alevel) and find physics really interesting but really difficult, and well, to be honest after A level I hated chemistry
Chemistry is catching up biology, soon it will overtake it. That is the way it should be!!!
Reply 56
StudentBusiness12
Chemistry is catching up biology, soon it will overtake it. That is the way it should be!!!

I agree. (Although i chose Biology :confused:)
Physics :smile:
Reply 58
Yus biology is winning :biggrin:
Its a tie so far, not far from a three-way tie.

Latest

Trending

Trending