The Student Room Group

How long does it take to cover FP1, M1 or D1?

How long did it take you to finish one of these modules?

I've recently started further maths and have covered 3 FP1 chapter so far in this christmas holiday. I feel as though I don't have enough time to finish all three by may/june to get a good enough grade (A/B).
M1 took me 3 months taught at school.

D1 took me 3 months also taught at school.

FP1 took me 6 months but I practically taught myself that module with help from friends at a very slow pace as I had a huge gap on my timetable and the commute was long so I went home instead of sticking around for the lessons.

Got A's in all the modules, can't remember UMS but they were high.

It really depends on the ability of the person I'm sure some people could learn enough to get A/B in a week or 2 with enough effort others would struggle with a whole year under their belts only you can answer that.

If you are reasonably confident (A* GCSE and A/B in C1 level) you should be fine, the papers are very routine.
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by alex2100x
M1 took me 3 months taught at school.

D1 took me 3 months also taught at school.

FP1 took me 6 months but I practically taught myself that module with help from friends at a very slow pace as I had a huge gap on my timetable and the commute was long so I went home instead of sticking around for the lessons.

Got A's in all the modules, can't remember UMS but they were high.

It really depends on the ability of the person I'm sure some people could learn enough to get A/B in a week or 2 with enough effort others would struggle with a whole year under their belts only you can answer that.

If you are reasonably confident (A* GCSE and A/B in C1 level) you should be fine, the papers are very routine.

That's harsh pal, it took me four solid days to finish M1 (self taught of course). :smile:
Original post by Virolite
That's harsh pal, it took me four solid days to finish M1 (self taught of course). :smile:

It was taught by my college. I had no control over the rate at which things were covered. Obviously it can be done faster.
Reply 6
Original post by Virolite

Did you self teach any other units? And was M1 easy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oneabdi

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the only unit I am self teaching is M1 in preparation for a further maths AS next year. Mechanics is fairly easy, like physics; once you grasp the principles you can ace it.
Original post by oneabdi

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get though?

Quick Reply

Latest