The Student Room Group

St Olave's 2015 Entry Exam, help!

I was told by a friend that the entry examination for St Olave's (sixth form) will only consist of the B1,B2,C1,C2, topics (AQA Chemistry, Biology), as other schools have not taught the third modules(B3, C3). Is that right, or is it complete nonsense? Please help :frown:
Reply 1
Hey. I'm in year twelve at olaves. As far as I know the test main consists of core and additional. In both biology and chemistry you have a choice of questions so pick wisely. I guess this allows you to pick sections you are strong in. There are also experimental type questions in biology. What other subjects are you looking I do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by mliela
Hey. I'm in year twelve at olaves. As far as I know the test main consists of core and additional. In both biology and chemistry you have a choice of questions so pick wisely. I guess this allows you to pick sections you are strong in. There are also experimental type questions in biology. What other subjects are you looking I do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! I was getting really worried because I hadn't done B3 and C3. Well I'm also doing Religious Studies, weird combination really :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by missyyy_98
Thank you so much! I was getting really worried because I hadn't done B3 and C3. Well I'm also doing Religious Studies, weird combination really :smile:

It's not too weird, I do bio, chem, double maths and Econ. What's your forth subject. I'm not too sure about the rs exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by mliela
It's not too weird, I do bio, chem, double maths and Econ. What's your forth subject. I'm not too sure about the rs exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh forgot about that :smile: I was considering taking single maths
Reply 5
Original post by missyyy_98
Oh forgot about that :smile: I was considering taking single maths

That's good. The units for single maths aren't too bad so it should be fine. Is olaves your first choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by mliela

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi, sorry to ask but how did you find the economics exam and the maths? I'm really worried about it, thanks
Reply 7
Original post by MutoSiko
hi, sorry to ask but how did you find the economics exam and the maths? I'm really worried about it, thanks

Haha it's fine. Econ really wasn't too bad. The assume that no one has done the subject before so thy give you a scenario or good and some information and statistics about it and then you answer some questions. I think it's more about how you write and what you pick out.

Maths wasn't too bad. Two sections and the second was a bit harder. You aren't expected to finish all. Definitely higher level type questions. A few seemed a bit further, but it's not too bad. Just try your best. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by mliela
Haha it's fine. Econ really wasn't too bad. The assume that no one has done the subject before so thy give you a scenario or good and some information and statistics about it and then you answer some questions. I think it's more about how you write and what you pick out.

Maths wasn't too bad. Two sections and the second was a bit harder. You aren't expected to finish all. Definitely higher level type questions. A few seemed a bit further, but it's not too bad. Just try your best. ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, I'm doing some general economics revision so I feel more confident, but I guess that's all I can do? just another Q, do you like the school a lot and why/why not? sorry x_x
Reply 9
Original post by MutoSiko
thanks, I'm doing some general economics revision so I feel more confident, but I guess that's all I can do? just another Q, do you like the school a lot and why/why not? sorry x_x

That should be fine. Yeah I really like the school. I feel like its a really good learning environment and everyone is really nice. There are also a lot more opportunities in societies and leadership. Also they are really good academically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, does anyone do Latin?? My choices are Latin, French, English and History. If anyone's doing any of these subjects and could tell me what the entrance tests are like, much appreciated. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest