The Student Room Group

Job Interview

I've very recently been asked to attend a job interview in a couple of days, and was advised that I would need to supply certain documents. This includes my passport, driving licence and a utility bill. Firstly I'd like to ask whether it is a standard procedure for companies to obtain these documents? If the answer being yes, I'd like to bring forward the next question. As I'm currently living with my parents, the utility bill will clearly not be in name, so what would I do in this instance?
Reply 1
Original post by truewonder
I've very recently been asked to attend a job interview in a couple of days, and was advised that I would need to supply certain documents. This includes my passport, driving licence and a utility bill. Firstly I'd like to ask whether it is a standard procedure for companies to obtain these documents? If the answer being yes, I'd like to bring forward the next question. As I'm currently living with my parents, the utility bill will clearly not be in name, so what would I do in this instance?

Hi - well done on your interview!

Yes - this is pretty standard practice, it's just so you can prove that you have the right to work here legally. They're asking for the utility bill as a form of evidence to prove that you live where you say you do, they should accept a bank statement in lieu of this?

Hope this helps and your interview goes well!
Original post by truewonder

These are typical documents for a criminal record check. Is there a chance the job might require one? (schools, care homes, etc?)

If it's not in your name, you will need an alternative document. They should be able to suggest alternatives (if it is a criminal record check, a birth certificate is acceptable).
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending